15 Jul 2012 03:17

hello

i saw the clowride's review in JED and cobalt seems great

i have some questions : - do you have jomsocial integration ?

-i saw a feature request about had media share and video field any new ? - how to display author information under article as k2 (i mean a field author ) - you should considerate make a trial version of emerald (because i don't know if it fills my need)

regards

Last Modified: 02 Mar 2014

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
16 Jul 2012 05:44
  • do you have jomsocial integration ?

Please read our roadmap article which can be very useful. And we are working on JomSocial integration already.

-i saw a feature request about had media share and video field any new ?

Vide field has been already released.

• how to display author information under article as k2 (i mean a field author )

Right now you can only do it by customizing template. Apply some extra queries to get that information. Although it is not absolutely clear to us. Joomla 2.5 has a special table called user_profiles which is sor of user attributes. What I believe is that the plan of Joomla, no matter how many extensions added info there, it gets into user object which you get with

$user = JFactory::getUser()

If it is true then you do not need any additional query and you simply get it with

$user->get('gender');

But as I said I do not know if jomSocial supports it or not.

• how to display author information under article as k2 (i mean a field author )

• you should considerate make a trial version of emerald (because i don't know if it fills my need

Ask and I'll try to help you. Basically Emerald is the oldest Joomla membership component. It has almost anything. Even har t imagine what you need, what it do not have.

Especially if you plan to use it with Cobalt, it is 100% sure there is not other Membership better than Emerald anyway. Only Emerald can mace this miracle restrictions n cobalt. Because part of the code embedded into cobalt. Like for example to restrict file download. It checks right in the download code not only in URL which you sometimes may cheat.