13 Jul 2012 08:56

As a new feature I would really appreciate a simple calendar.

My thoughts on this:

Open a calendar via front-end link. Now there are listed all Date-fields from certain types (previously selected in the back-end) in a monthly view. These entries should be linked to the record they belong to.

This could help to create a calendar for a task overview or something like that. Or a "Upcoming Events" calendar... etc.

Last Modified: 02 Mar 2014

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
13 Jul 2012 21:32

Isn´t it an advanced list template request? Similar to the Calendar template for ME Resources. I am sure, something like that will be offered in the near future...

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
17 Jul 2012 07:39

This is planned list template for datetime field. sale like you get map list template with geo field. It will be not part of advanced templates but part of field. That is why price of this field little bit higher.

This template almost finished. But as for now very buggy. We are trying to stabilize it.

Sergey
23 Sep 2012 09:25

Any progress here? Would like to see the calendar some time soon. I would also offer to be a beta-tester. If it's finished but buggy we might get it stable when we are running it on a productive site.

Unfortunately there are some changes in Cobalt in order for calendar view to work properly. So as we had to change it we cannot release it now. Since Cobalt 7 will accept no more changes to keep it stable. It will only come to cobalt 8.

Sergey
24 Sep 2012 18:45

Cobalt 8 is in very heavy development stage. I even cannot say the release date.

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
18 Feb 2013 06:59

Recently came across the following jQuery plugin. Its also used in a Drupal module with Views support.

Might be interesting for a Cobalt custom template ;-)

http://arshaw.com/fullcalendar/

Sergey
18 Feb 2013 07:04

This is what I started to use for Calendar template for Cobalt 8. But this plugin was very limited and could not give me full control. And it even displayed data incorrectly, so I had to stop using it. When I looked in the release dates and Github I've understood that author does not care about this project much.

Right now I suspended this job because I am not sure if I have to use this plugin or not.