05 Jul 2012 11:26

I get the following error when installing on a clean Joomla install.

"Another menu item with the same parent has this alias"

Cobalt doesn't show up under the Components menu and I have no access to it to use it.

Site is at www.valormath.com/jupgrade

Last Modified: 02 Mar 2014

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
05 Jul 2012 22:05

When you create menu be sure aliases arу different for every menu element. If you want to create 2 same links use menu type alias.

If you create link with alias download to one extension and then link to Cobalt with alias download Joomla will give an error. But not because of Cobalt. If you try to create the same link name to any other extension and you get the same error.

05 Jul 2012 23:05

But it's not a normal menu issue. There are no menu items created because it is a completely fresh version of Joomla. It's a conflict in the admin menu, which I have no control over.

Sergey
06 Jul 2012 00:28

I have testet.

1. Install new Joomla 2.5.6

2. Install package - success

3. Delete everything in extension manager

4. Install package again - success

This is hard to fix if I canot reproduce. Could you do this. open fie

/libraries/joomla/database/table/menu.php

in line 153 with looks like this

$this->setError(JText::_('JLIB_DATABASE_ERROR_MENU_UNIQUE_ALIAS'));

add more information and make it looks like this

$this->setError(JText::_('JLIB_DATABASE_ERROR_MENU_UNIQUE_ALIAS').'-'.$this->menutype.'-'.$table->menutype);

Then show me what error say. I need to know which alias in particular it identifies as double.

06 Jul 2012 21:14

Thought I would post this here too so you might see what the error is. I attached a snapshot image here.

Sergey
07 Jul 2012 07:58

Then I have other task.

unzip cobalt package and try to install pack by pack and say what package in particular produce this error?

11 Jul 2012 11:21

In my case is "com_cobalt.v.7.8646.zip"

This happens the second time I try to install after I uninstall my first atempt which produced an "invalid xml"

11 Jul 2012 11:39

The same thing from question section:

http://support.mintjoomla.com/en/cobalt-7/questions/Component +not+showing+up+after+installation%3F-2077.html#comment-form

When I try to uninstall Cobalt/IPCountry/MediaPack

JFTP: :delete: Bad response

JFolder: :files: Path is not a folder. Path: [mysite]/administrator/components/com_cobalt/images

JFolder: :files: Path is not a folder. Path: [mysite]/administrator/components/com_cobalt/sql

After the uninstall:

"id" "menutype" "title" "alias" "note" "path" "link" "type" "published" "parent_id" "level" "component_id" "ordering" "checked_out" "checked_out_time" "browserNav" "access" "img" "template_style_id" "params" "lft" "rgt" "home" "language" "client_id"

"491" "main" "Cobalt_7" "cobalt-7" "" "cobalt-7" "index.php?option=com_cobalt" "component" "0" "1" "1" "0" "0" "0" "0000-00-00 00:00:00" "0" "1" "components/com_cobalt/images/menu/cobalt.png" "0" "" "313" "322" "0" "" "1"

"492" "main" "Records" "records" "" "cobalt-7/records" "index.php?option=com_cobalt" "component" "0" "491" "2" "0" "0" "0" "0000-00-00 00:00:00" "0" "1" "class:article" "0" "" "314" "315" "0" "" "1"

"493" "main" "Sections" "sections" "" "cobalt-7/sections" "index.php?option=com_cobalt&view=sections" "component" "0" "491" "2" "0" "0" "0" "0000-00-00 00:00:00" "0" "1" "class:category" "0" "" "316" "317" "0" "" "1"

"494" "main" "Types" "types" "" "cobalt-7/types" "index.php?option=com_cobalt&view=types" "component" "0" "491" "2" "0" "0" "0" "0000-00-00 00:00:00" "0" "1" "components/com_cobalt/images/menu/types.png" "0" "" "318" "319" "0" "" "1"

"495" "main" "Configuration" "configuration" "" "cobalt-7/configuration" "index.php?option=com_cobalt&view=config" "component" "0" "491" "2" "0" "0" "0" "0000-00-00 00:00:00" "0" "1" "class:config" "0" "" "320" "321" "0" "" "1"

The lines above are from #_menu. They should have been removed.

Although I get the JFTP message above, the folders were removed successfully.

I'll do some digging and I will post my results.

11 Jul 2012 12:13

Ok I thing that I found the problem.

The first time that I tried to install the component I got the following error message:

JInstaller: :Install: Cannot find XML setup file

JFolder: :files: Path is not a folder. Path: [mysite]/components/com_cobalt

JInstaller: :Install: Cannot find XML setup file

When I uninstalled and tried again to install I got the errors in my previous post.

I removed manually the entries from the database and I chmod to 777 the joomla directory.

Everything worked fine after this.

So basically I had wrong permissions.

Sackgesicht VIP
Total posts: 1,636
11 Jul 2012 17:43

Mark and Travis,

as a temporary fix, you might try to go to the cobalt menu by calling it through the URL after a successful installation (even with the admin menu problem message showing up).

Try to use http://www.yourdomain.com/administrator/index.php?option=com_cobalt

I know, that the MintJoomla team is looking into the problem at the moment and an official fix will be under way soon.

Sergey
11 Jul 2012 22:31

Everything worked fine after this.

The question. Before you have changed permissions, coud you install other extensions?

12 Jul 2012 15:08

Sorry, I need to be more specific.

I installed before Cobalt, (for testing reasons) JoomD, K2 and other stuff. I removed them (I always check if an extension leaves any files or db records).

I installed them with the following order

1) ip country -> OK

2) media pack -> OK

3) com cobalt -> ERROR (see above message "jftp... xml...")

4) Uninstall

5) Tryed to install com cobalt again -> ERROR menu item exists

6) Uninstall again and delete manually from db the entries in the #_menu table

7) Tryed to install com cobalt again -> ERROR (see above message "jftp... xml...")

8) Uninstall again and delete manually from db the entries in the #_menu table

9) Change permissions in joomla folder to 777 (chmod 777 . -R)

10) Tryed to install com cobalt again -> OK!!!

11) Install all other extensions from the package -> OK

FTP layer is on, php settings are ok (joomla says so).

P.S. Sorry for my English :)

P.S.2. Hope I helped.

Sergey
13 Jul 2012 01:12

Thank you very Much Manos,

You investigation is very useful and much appreciated. I have announced already that this should be fixed in upcoming release today.

http://support.mintjoomla.com/en/cobalt-7/questions/Component +not+showing+up+after+installation%3F-2077.html

And your investigation helped me a lot to confirm that resolution was right, because we had no place to test it as we could not reproduce this error.

PS. Your English is very good :)