12 May 2012 06:40

hi

i hesitate between cobalt and ads manager

http://www.joomprod.com/downloads

as you can see with the lastest release note with ads managers we can mark article as highlight, featured and top, with cobalt we only can featured, you should add more options

-second : i did not purchase record module so i don't know , can you tell me if you have some great modules as ads manager : http://psdemo.joomprod.com/ ( look at bottom)

thank you

Last Modified: 02 Mar 2014

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
12 May 2012 20:05

You can easily highlight it using CSS. Every features article has additional class. Also there is an option to show features records first despite list order.

i did not purchase record module so i don't know , can you tell me if you have some great modules as ads manager : http://psdemo.joomprod.com/ ( look at bottom)

We do not have modules like this. We plan to integrate with RocketSprocket. And you know what. Adsmanager is fixed fields. They can do that. But Cobalt is actually very flexible. It is unknown what fields will be used, if there is image or not and what is the name of the image field.

But you can easily make new section list template with whatever effect you like and set it for records module and you get exactly what you can see in adsmanager. Yes it require some additional work and time. But at the end what you get is much, much more flexible, reusable and adjustable.

13 May 2012 02:41

yes great but i think you should have, with featured, up article to top feature and can we highlighty article (no featured) by subscription ?

THANKS

Sergey
13 May 2012 03:57

Pardon? You mean can you allow user to make article featured based on subscription? Of course you can.

please can you explain me how ca i highlight by css please and how can i mark new in record when new record is added thanks

Every featured article has additional article-featured class. Just see it source code of the page. Based on this class you can add any CSS highlights to articles with thsi additional class.

13 May 2012 04:21

no no as ads manager : "Three paidsystem option: featured (ok), highlight and top"

thanks

Sergey
13 May 2012 08:51

So you are satisfied. Are you?

13 May 2012 09:48

i like the cobalt concept, really flexible but i would like more paidsystem functions

Sergey
13 May 2012 19:27

What do you mean by "paidsystem functions"?

14 May 2012 03:14

simply paid membership to have records featured (done)

paid membership to have records in top (first place)

paid membership to have records simply highlights

Sergey
14 May 2012 07:35

What is the difference between make featured and highlight?

15 May 2012 04:39

highlight allow be distinct when there is lot of featured articles for example in front page

Sackgesicht VIP
Total posts: 1,636
15 May 2012 04:48

... and then the mighty-marked feature comes in place when there are too many highlighted articles of the featured articles on the page .. :D

sorry, could not resist ... ._.

15 May 2012 07:07

ok but why most classified components on joomla drupal and wordpress have these features ?

Sergey
15 May 2012 08:12

If you have to many ho purchase it, just raise price. Keep it so high that only 3-7 listings could be featured at the same time. If less run promotion and give discount, and so one.

Just start and check if you ever meet this problem of TOO MANY PURCHASES OF FEATURED.

If you run in this kind of "problem" you will have budget and we will do custom for you to handle enormous amount of featured article.

clowride VIP
Total posts: 1,022
20 May 2012 14:39

no really stupid question, i'm looking for that too , many wordpress standalone theme have these features, and joomlistings has up sale features such as bold, highlighted, and featured. Increased revenue through up selling! look that: http://joomclan.com/JC-Extensions/joomlistings.html