16 Apr 2012 06:30

hello can we highlight article if user purchase a particular subscription ? if not you should add this option very usefull for many things

regards

Last Modified: 02 Mar 2014

Official Answer

Yes, you definitely can.

When you create content type in Cobalt, you set what subscription have to be used to make article featured. Then you can even in section set to show featured articles first in the list despite the order.

Every featured article will have class article-featured. It is placed in different HTML tags depending on template. You can format that class with CSS. Just use firebug to find it.

If you want to add your own class. edit template and add to any HTML tag

class="featured) echo ' article-featured' ?>"

Or any other class name.

PS. This article-featured class is added in upcoming release. Please wait few dais or use method above to add your own class.

clowride VIP
Total posts: 1,022
29 Apr 2012 10:09

good i would like to be able to highlight article based on subscription BUT this article is not featured , can you help me please ?

clowride VIP
30 Apr 2012 11:32

Can you explain to me how to do tha, i see this feature in adsmanager thank you

30 Apr 2012 14:31

me too i really need to have special highlight class without featured article

regards

ps : can you explain me a bit more how to set article-featured. class, i don't know

01 May 2012 00:51

Can you explain to me how to do tha, i see this feature in adsmanager thank you

I meant that the code will be start from scratch. We have never performed this as you.

The main idea that Emerald and Cobalt doesnt connected via classes or id of the subscription. Cobalt doesnt influence on the work of the Emerald but does. When somebody opens link system plugins checks if this link restricted. So there is no easy way customize highlighting articles.

clowride VIP
01 May 2012 01:40

very bad news, it is the base concept of an ads component :(

01 May 2012 04:59

I made a syntactic error.

Cobalt doesn`t influence on the work of the Emerald but does.

There should be

Cobalt doesn`t influence on the work of the Emerald but Emerald influence on the Cobalt