04 Apr 2013 01:28

I have not yet installed Cobalt, but I am very interested as I have read great things about it. Before I take the plunge and get involved in a new learning curve I would like to know whether it would be possible to limit the number of posts per user per day.

Last Modified: 02 Mar 2014

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
04 Apr 2013 09:26

Hmm.... The answer is not. There is only limitation per user per section. Not per day.

But if this is only thing that stops you to start using it, I spend 30 minuts and added this features to Cobalt 8 and those will be available next week on Thursday. We release updates every Thursday. If I read this message earlier few hours it would be even in today's update.

04 Apr 2013 21:04

If this functionality can be add with the following options then I have my extension:

1. Post time limitation

If last post= <x hours then no post

or

If last post= today's date then no post. This option would have to be based off the server time zone to stop people changing their time zone to post.

1. Number of posts per defined timescale.

Also is there the option to limit field length?

Every Thursday. Now that IS the kind of software I would like to work with. Many thanks for your replies.

Sergey
04 Apr 2013 23:27

I've added limitation per day parameter. And total limitation per type. And total limitation per section in case you have multiple type section.

Also is there the option to limit field length?

There is special parameter in text and textarea fields.

05 Apr 2013 01:55

So now to wait until next Thursday. I think I can do that :) Thanks!

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
17 Apr 2013 22:11

@Sergey

You're update frequency is (positively) insane. Maybe too much sun over there? :O :D ;-)

Sergey
17 Apr 2013 22:17

Thank you Mike. Is is our new policy. Deliver on time. We want our customers to be sure that they will not wain more than a week for any problem to be fixed.