19 May 2013 06:40

At first I have to say that i am very happy with cobalt. At last it seems to be possible to make someting I like to create in Joomla possible.

I have made a type with some related fields (child).

In the front it looks like:

http://iks-factor.nl/index.php/functies/item/4-functies/65-beveiliger

What i like it to look like is:

http://iks-factor.nl/index.php/functies/doel

Where some related fiels link to the types of that field.

I have no programming knowledge, so, can someone help me to make this?

Last Modified: 02 Mar 2014

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
20 May 2013 05:21

Your frontend required login to see. Please leave us login information in private text block.

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
29 May 2013 19:39

You can select and change the template for your "child-records" and also for "parents". Please check your child and parent field parameters. There is a parameter group "Show Children", respectively "Show Parent".

You example URL shows the "Default Table" template. By default it shows all fields, according to their show/hide parameter for intro and full view. That's why you see too many infos and that large table.

I assume you want a simple linked title.

I assume, you have noticed a template called "Simple List" in Cobalt templates manager?

• Select a template override in Parents field parameter for your desired view: full or list view.
  • Save field... you should see a little "gear" icon near the selected template.
  • Click little gear icon. A modal dialog appears.
  • Study parameters, exclude unwanted fields in Properties.
  • Turn off Avatar and any other unwanted infos in Core parameters.

**Hint: **All this parameters belong to this template. If you need other settings and parameters, you have to make a COPY in Cobalt template manager! An important difference to Cobalt8!

I would suggest to copy and rename it to something like "simple_list_titles". Also change the template Label to the same name "Simple List Titles".

14 Jun 2013 09:12

First, sorry that i posted the question more times, but i did not receive mail that there was a answer.

Still not complete satisfied. I miss linked fields and "competenties" still shows more then one field.

Also "Niveau" does not show anything at all.

pepperstreet VIP
14 Jun 2013 09:46

I miss linked fields and "competenties" still shows more then one field.

Make sure you edit the right parameters. You can set the template override for BOTH article views: List view; Full view. In your screenshot, you set "SimpleList" for List view, only...

I miss linked fields and "competenties" still shows more then one field.

Also "Niveau" does not show anything at all.

As far as I understand your template parameter screenshot... you excluded the field "Niveau" from display! Which means, it is hidden.

pepperstreet VIP
14 Jun 2013 09:56

I have to admit, that english label is a bit confusing. Not clear enough, because of the beginning "Article list template..." I will do/suggest a text change.

Hence the TWO available template overrides for BOTH views:

Sergey
17 Jun 2013 01:07

Can you example total label?

19 Jun 2013 07:02

I am making progress, but still not what I want.

I want to see the "Childs" the same way as normal text types.

See picture

Sergey
19 Jun 2013 07:57

Try to configure list template and turn type off.