11 Feb 2013 14:47

Hi,

I just bought the url field because I liked the snapshot feature. I set Allow snapshot to Yes. But no snapshot is displayed :(

What else am I supposed to do?

Last Modified: 02 Mar 2014

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
12 Feb 2013 04:06

Snapshot takes time. This field uses online service

http://mini.s-shot.ru/1280x760/400/jpeg/?http ://www.mintjoomla.com

So it should work.

Also check console if you have any javascript error there.

12 Feb 2013 09:06

no error. no snapshot :(

Sergey
12 Feb 2013 22:49

Give me the link I'll check.

13 Feb 2013 03:37

for example this one:

url is located in first slider (Kontakt) last line (Web).

13 Feb 2013 03:37

hm, your link function seems not to work in here, too?

13 Feb 2013 03:39

I gave the link already two times. Still it is not displayed. So I am going to post it as plain text: http://mgt.nethotel.at/index.php/institut/unser-team/item/2-wien/1-erwin-bakowsky-msc

Sergey
13 Feb 2013 06:52

First please accept my compliments. It looks very nice. i likу templates you've made. :D

But I do not see any URL field result there. Could you make screenshot and highlight it there so I can see where is the URL link.

13 Feb 2013 13:27

Thanks for your compliments. I also like your component ;)

Here is the screenshot:

Sergey
14 Feb 2013 01:08

Can you give me access, I'll check it.

14 Feb 2013 09:59

ok, where can I send your access data?

It's funny, but when I created a new article, snapshots worked (the one mentioned above does not yet work). But now there is the next problem: they are hidden partially. :S Can you help me with styles to bring them to the very front? I saw that you set z-index for .url_snapshot to 1000. But this does not help ._.

Sergey
14 Feb 2013 23:32

I am not absolutely sure how to do that. What i can sugest is to change field template and show snapshot under the link so it is always visible.

Do not forget to create copy of template, so it is not lost on next update.

For details read this

15 Feb 2013 05:01

I am already working with customed (copied) templates, thanks.

Hm, it is a pity that you do not know a solution for displaying the snapshot always in the very front. :(

It's not a special style or template that I am using, it's just the inbuilt Slider Grouping type for full arcticle view, that I enabled.

And you did not answer my first question: where should I send your personal access details so that you can access into backend?

Sergey
15 Feb 2013 06:25

You can post credential in private comment.

But I do not need that as it start working. We use standard Joomla tooltip. I am not good at CSS so I cannot really help you how to make Tooltip be above slider. May be you ask slider producer and they have a solution?

15 Feb 2013 11:59

who is the slider producer?

Sergey
16 Feb 2013 11:56

who is the slider producer?

If it is сефтвфкв sliders then it is Joomla mootools sliders. I thought you are using some special Joomla extension to add sliders.

I really sorry but I cannot help you with stiles here. This is standard Joomla tooltip behaviour in standard Joomla slider.

I still think that edit field output template and put snapshot right under link would be the best solution.

16 Feb 2013 15:47

No, I was only using YOUR slider settings, inbuilt in cobalt settings. It's not a special joomla extension, it is your extension.

That's why I was asking in here.

Sergey
16 Feb 2013 23:42

We are using standard Joomla slider. Like you see in backend.

17 Feb 2013 03:18

You thought that I used different slider. That's why I told you.

However, your fields and templates should work with all features your are offering without extra work by user. But they do not work without modifying by user. Snapshot is hidden when selecting slider :(

It has nothing to do with my template, it's the very same issue on your template. I did not modify anything, just select an option that are offered by your component and made some styling.

Sergey
18 Feb 2013 06:12

I know and agree. But those not ours slides and tooltips. It is Joomla build in Sliders and tooltips. We o not have even single line of sode to create sliders or tooltip. As a result we do not even know how it works. We only call Joomla methods to draw sliders and tooltips and Joomla does the rest.

I want to help you and I would help, but I even do not know how to find out what is tooltip classes to see what could be done.

21 Feb 2013 03:50

I installed the file.

Now it looks that way:

Comment: I do no think it is because of your websqu.php because it looks the same with default.php. Did you change anything on my site or within last update? I installed latest release (Version 7.9737) today ...