• Home
  • Support
  • Forum
  • Cobalt 7
  • How can registered user frontend edit only his own record (change image or text, etc.) and then save it again?

09 Jan 2013 12:10

Last Modified: 02 Mar 2014

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
09 Jan 2013 23:53

This is how it works by default. Probably;y you are accessing front-end as admin that is why you can edit records of all users. Just try to login as registered user and make a post. You will be able to edit only your own records.

10 Jan 2013 01:14

Thanks for answer. I access frontend as registered user, but nowhere I can see icon or text like "Edit this article" (like in Joomla articles). Maybe premissions aren't enough explained, neither can I find explanation in videos. Can you tell me which premissions must be enabled to edit frontend?

Sergey
10 Jan 2013 02:36

It should be somewhere around there when you point mode over.

Although there was some issue in firefox. Try chrome. But it is fixed and should work after next update.

10 Jan 2013 04:00

I tried with Chrome too, result is the same - no edit icons. Look at the attached images, registered user is author (milko). I found that Cobalt is really great (I worked also with Seblod - but Cobalt is better), I only need to found out how to frontend edit record, then I'll start my new website.

Sergey
10 Jan 2013 04:19

Thank you for kind words :)

This (problem) looks weird. Can you give a link with admin access I would check it there?

10 Jan 2013 05:14

I just started and have test on my localhost. I started from very begining: install Joomla, then install Cobalt (media package too), then I did all the same like in Quickstart video. My results are different (see img4). I can't see green cross with text Post Blog post Here, so I'can't submit record. Still don't know what am I doing wrong.

Sackgesicht VIP
Total posts: 1,636
10 Jan 2013 05:22

Just wait a little and update to the new package. I believe the section menu template was missing in the last build.

Otherwise check here