29 Dec 2012 17:01

I set up a very simple section and type with Cobalt 7 on Joomla 2.5.6. Was very pleased with how everything went.

I submitted one record successfully and everything was great.

I deleted that record and have been unable to submit new records using the same input form, same type, same everything, with the same user or different users.

The issue is that the submission buttons appear to do nothing. If I click on Save & Close or Apply, it will alert me of mandatory fields that I have not filled out, but it will not actually submit the article.

Only the "Cancel" button appears to work.

I've been trying every possible combination of options, set up a new section, a new type, anything I can think of and I'm just about ready to give up.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Last Modified: 02 Mar 2014

Sackgesicht VIP
Total posts: 1,636
29 Dec 2012 19:41

Please check following settings first:

In SECTION:

Set "Itemid target" to a menu item.

Set the correct TYPE under "Submit Type"

In TYPE:

Set "Menu Item ID" to the same menu item as you did in SECTION settings for Itemid target" .

"Record Title Mode" to "Standard Title"

Make sure you saved the "Submission form parameters" under your Template settings.

Here a typical setting for Submission parameters:

If you did not create any category under your section, set the "Who can select category?" to "No one".

Sackgesicht VIP
Total posts: 1,636
29 Dec 2012 19:45

The only mandatory field would be the "Title". (If you did not set any field as "required").

Next would be to check your individual field settings. Maybe you have a permission conflict in your field settings for a required field.

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
30 Dec 2012 06:36

I have to check. Could you give me access in private comment?

30 Dec 2012 12:47

Looks like it may have been some odd template caching or Javascript issue. Tried a fresh browser and it started working again... Very weird.

I'll provide more detail if I'm able to replicate the issue.