29 Nov 2012 10:53

I'll be as brief as possible. I have a Joomla Menu Item, type: 'Section records list'. Clicking that lists all records. I have a Jumpmenu, which uses prefiltered links with a filter_search. This neatly lists just those records I've defined in the link. All links in the Jumpmenu work fine.

However, once I've used the Jumpmenu, my Joomla menu fails. It just displays the last records returned by my Jumpmenu.

Obviously, I haven't set up filtering correctly, but have been round and round this all afternoon with no luck.

I've been using Joomla 2.5 for two months and Cobalt 7 since Monday - and it's fantastic. This is the first problem that's had me stumped.

Thanks in advance for any advice or pointers.

Last Modified: 02 Mar 2014

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
30 Nov 2012 02:42

Hello,

here is an interesting topic, how you can create a "remove/reset all filters" link!

@Sergey

Should this action have a menuitem parameter? Optionally reset all filter YES/NO.

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
30 Nov 2012 03:36

Filters use session or so called state for remebering filters. It means that after jumpmenu it remembers state for this section and apply it to standard link because it is the same section.

In case like this your standard link have to reset all filters every time use click on it.

index.php?option=com_cobalt&task=records.cleanall&itemid=123&section_id=2

Something like this.

05 Dec 2012 03:09

Hello

Thanks for the replies. I've been working on another project until this morning, will tackle this problem today and let you know the result.

05 Dec 2012 04:22

Sergey - cheers mate! Immediate solution. Copied your suggestion, put in my projects ID's and included it via phpmyadmin (could not find easy way to edit menu 'Link' property in Joomla).

Maik - very interesting, will not use in current project but noted the code.

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
05 Dec 2012 11:22

(could not find easy way to edit menu 'Link' property in Joomla)

Simply create a MenuItem of type "external URL". Insert the link incl. filter reset. (use this link instead of your usual Cobalt list menuitem. Remember to set your Cobalt section/type parameters accordingly.

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
05 Dec 2012 22:46

The link is change and § have to be read as & s e c without white spaces of course.