29 Nov 2012 08:58

Hello Mint team and users,

I had a trouble with Cobalt from my first use, about the Menu Item ID fixed and required in the type declaration.

Each time, on my projects, I like to define some common type used in more than one section of content. For exemple, a type 'Common Article', that allow my customer to format some elements with some prepared fields.

Unfortunately, the Type Menu ID have to be declared (instead of what it was in Resources), and override the Section Item ID of the article in record view.

It's mean that I always have to declare a common Item ID for all types, witch will be use everywhere, loosing url menu and breadcrumbs organisation all over the site.

And it's really become more boring when you try to made a multi-languages site, then you have to declare lots of types for all the supported languages and all the proposed sections... :O

I just find a way to fix this for my projects, without having to hack this precious component.

I just override the default.php view of records, to add the section Itemid on all currents items...

Here the code to put :

... defined('_JEXEC') or die('Restricted access'); global $app, $option, $Itemid; $item_link = '&Itemid='.$this->section->params->get('general.category_itemid', JRequest::getInt('Itemid')); foreach ($this->items AS $item){ $item->url .= $item_link; } ?> ...

My Idea is simple, It could be really great if the Item ID fixed in section and type declaration were not [u]required[/u], and could be fixed by the one used in the current menu (on section or category view).

Last Modified: 02 Mar 2014

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
30 Nov 2012 03:32

This idea is implemented in Cobalt 8. ItemID is not required.

Right now you can use category parameter to reassign article ItemID then you can get different itemid for the same article in different sections.

30 Nov 2012 05:13

Hello Sergey,

Nice to ear you implemented this on Cobalt 8, but for now I have to use the version 7...

And for the possibility of categories Items ID, I already saw it and try it, but the non support of SEF and Category link is not usable for my projects...

I was already thinking to add a declaration for category view, defining the missing xml element, and maybe proposing my own router to allow my customers to select this kind of view more easily and respecting their breadcrumbs and URL policies.

Do you have an idea when Cobalt 8 will be available for production ?

Thanks for your answers :)

Christophe

Sergey
01 Dec 2012 21:08

Cobalt 8 for production may be 1-2 month. But CP release may be in 1-2 weeks.

I'll try to insert this feature to Cobalt 7 as well.

Sergey
01 Dec 2012 21:16

Next version Itemid will not me a required parameter.