13 Nov 2012 17:04

Hello,

on my project company adds parts for sale for other company can reserve the stock.

the table divised between two party:

1. the company profil will informations still everytime (logo, company name ect ..)

2. The records - informations about part (name, quantity, price, photo) .

I created my fields and all its ok , but my problem is that every time the company (account) want add record its must rewrited information every time about the profile company , I would like this information will be always present but only the data of the record must change.

for exemple (a restaurant project).

the profil company its the restaurant informations (name,logo,adress..)

and the records is recipe.

every time Pizza hut profil want add recipe, he should rewrite the pizza hut informations.. and not only the recipe.

I hope you understand my problem is critical.

good night

Last Modified: 02 Mar 2014

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
13 Nov 2012 19:18

What you need, is an integration with JomSocial or Community Builder profiling extensions.

But unfortunately there is no integration yet. Integration will be dine for Cobalt 8 only.

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
13 Nov 2012 20:48

As Sergey mentioned already, you may split this two data types in two parts. A profile/community extension like CB (CommunityBuilder), JS (JomSocial). This might give additional features to a detailed profile view and internal communication via PMS etc. And the second part consists of records in Cobalt, that are associated to a certain company profile.

Currently, there is a very limited and basic integration. For CB, you will have the profile name; avatar thumb and link to profile. (Which is not bad at all!)

It depends on how and what you would like to display with each record? Should it be the whole profile info? Maybe thats to much and not nessecary. The viewer might be most interested in the records, not the profile details?!

Regarding CB, there are many ways and plugins:

e.g. plugins and modules that might "fake" a further integration. I mean, something like "My Cobalt records profile tab"... There is also an "CB Articles plugin", which allows different content adapters. Currently it allows Joomla and K2 items. This would need custom programming for Cobalt. But all this is only needed if you want a simultanous profile + items display... IMHO, this kind of integration is most attractive and handy for the profile owner and with complex profile information.

Cobalt only:

You may achieve something similar with Cobalt's relations add-ons.

Relation-Field: Maybe Profile-type is the "parent" entry (only 1 allowed), and Records-type are "childs". That means the profile owner can add new child-records any time... and they appear right on the same page. Layout can be totally customized via templates.

Records-Field: Could also be a solution. Different/Limited to "Relation" in regards of submission, search and notification. But maybe enough to display "1-to-many" results.

Have fun!

14 Nov 2012 16:02

thank you for your response Maik,

I am obliged to display the information of the company, the companies they publish records and profiles (part), so I do not know how my client will react if the company will refill each time information (logo, address) instead only connects and then click add only fill the information element.

In practical examples here is a:

Click on different row, you will see that the top part is the info from the bottom and the information of the company that sells it.

Sackgesicht VIP
Total posts: 1,636
14 Nov 2012 16:33

Merryl,

it all depends on how you setup your types and sections.

You even dont need a "social" integration for it.

Just create a TYPE Company and a TYPE Records and connect them through the parent/child field as one of the suggestions of Maik Kaune earlier.

With this setup you just choose the company, when encoding the records and you dont need to retype the info over and over again. On the Company side you will find a button where you can add another record for it. This field will give you the power to do it exactly as you wanted it to be.

15 Nov 2012 02:59

Sorry, here the exemple, http://tradebin.com/?q=hp

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
15 Nov 2012 15:59

Sorry, here the example, http://tradebin.com/?q=hp

**You can even build a better directory than this! ;-) **

IMHO, one important thing is missing: The end-user can't filter by company. The list entry does only have a details link to the profile. No way to see ALL ENTRIES BY THIS COMPANY. Neither on the profile page. You may know a similar feature from ebay. This would give a far better User-Experience: If you already found or bought a reliable product... you might be interested to see other entries of the same trusted company. You may also find and buy multiple items from the same company... which might save you money (reduced shipping costs, quantity discount etc.)