06 Nov 2012 12:45

Hi everyone - pretty new to Joomla, but am quite conversant with Linux. I'm no PHP programmer, so I'd prefer an "official" answer before I start tinkering and breaking stuff. First things first, I'm running Joomla 3 on a linux backend, I have any access necessary.

I had many many errors while attempting to install Cobalt initially, however after a complete uninstall of the components and a reinstall I thought everything had been working correctly. I was wrong :p The most recent reinstall went without a hitch - no errors or warnings.

When I attempt to access the Cobalt components from the Components menu, I'm greeted with a blank page (this happens for all Cobalt options, but for no other Extensions). When I enable debugging, I'm presented with the following text (domain redacted for security):

Notice: Use of undefined constant DS - assumed 'DS' in /var/www/virtual/<redacted>/administrator/components/com_cobalt/cobalt.php on line 26 Notice: Use of undefined constant DS - assumed 'DS' in /var/www/virtual/<redacted>/administrator/components/com_cobalt/cobalt.php on line 26 Notice: Use of undefined constant DS - assumed 'DS' in /var/www/virtual/<redacted>/administrator/components/com_cobalt/cobalt.php on line 26 Notice: Use of undefined constant DS - assumed 'DS' in /var/www/virtual/<redacted>/administrator/components/com_cobalt/cobalt.php on line 26 Notice: Use of undefined constant DS - assumed 'DS' in /var/www/virtual/<redacted>/administrator/components/com_cobalt/cobalt.php on line 27 Notice: Use of undefined constant DS - assumed 'DS' in /var/www/virtual/<redacted>/administrator/components/com_cobalt/cobalt.php on line 27 Notice: Use of undefined constant DS - assumed 'DS' in /var/www/virtual/<redacted>/administrator/components/com_cobalt/cobalt.php on line 27 Notice: Use of undefined constant DS - assumed 'DS' in /var/www/virtual/<redacted>/administrator/components/com_cobalt/cobalt.php on line 27 Notice: Use of undefined constant DS - assumed 'DS' in /var/www/virtual/<redacted>/administrator/components/com_cobalt/cobalt.php on line 28 Notice: Use of undefined constant DS - assumed 'DS' in /var/www/virtual/<redacted>/administrator/components/com_cobalt/cobalt.php on line 28 Notice: Use of undefined constant DS - assumed 'DS' in /var/www/virtual/<redacted>/administrator/components/com_cobalt/cobalt.php on line 28 Notice: Use of undefined constant DS - assumed 'DS' in /var/www/virtual/<redacted>/administrator/components/com_cobalt/cobalt.php on line 28 Notice: Use of undefined constant DS - assumed 'DS' in /var/www/virtual/<redacted>/administrator/components/com_cobalt/cobalt.php on line 29 Notice: Use of undefined constant DS - assumed 'DS' in /var/www/virtual/<redacted>/administrator/components/com_cobalt/cobalt.php on line 29 Notice: Use of undefined constant DS - assumed 'DS' in /var/www/virtual/<redacted>/administrator/components/com_cobalt/cobalt.php on line 29 Notice: Use of undefined constant DS - assumed 'DS' in /var/www/virtual/<redacted>/administrator/components/com_cobalt/cobalt.php on line 31 Notice: Use of undefined constant DS - assumed 'DS' in /var/www/virtual/<redacted>/administrator/components/com_cobalt/cobalt.php on line 31 Warning: require_once(/var/www/virtual/<redacted>/administrator/components/com_cobaltDShelpersDShelper.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/virtual/<redacted>/administrator/components/com_cobalt/cobalt.php on line 31 Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required '/var/www/virtual/<redacted>/administrator/components/com_cobaltDShelpersDShelper.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/pear:/usr/share/php') in /var/www/virtual/<redacted>/administrator/components/com_cobalt/cobalt.php on line 31 

It looks to me like the DS is supposed to be defined as a / , but I have no idea where to put the definition where it's not going to break anything else (and of course, that may not be the correct form of action anyway).

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated - it looks like a fantastic tool!

Last Modified: 02 Mar 2014

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
06 Nov 2012 16:55

Running Joomla 3 ? Cobalt is not ready for J!3.0

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
06 Nov 2012 16:56

Anyway, you might be interested in this page and info

DS Constant for Joomla! 3.0

06 Nov 2012 17:00

TYVM! That should get me going!