hello here you are my futur review in JED

about cobalt :

*pro=

plenty of fields

great speed

powerfull forum template

powerfull comment features

great notifications

Very powerfull advanced fields (and not expensive)

*cons=

ONLY 1 module to display records

no search module (but you have template search

no integration with cb or jomsocial

design is basic (except if you are knowledges in css and php)

Last Modified: 02 Mar 2014

27 Oct 2012 07:41

so cobalt is a really powerfull CCK, it lacks in social features but you can do everything

Sackgesicht VIP
Total posts: 1,636
27 Oct 2012 18:09

Clowride,

i dont agree with your pro and con list. Please read first Sergey's definition of a CCK here and compare this to other providers of CCKs on the market.

Cobalt was conceptualized to give the user as much freedom as possible through its templating approach while still following strictly the Joomla rules. The Theme-Clubs extending Joomla through their own frameworks and template definitions which are not compatible with each other and require always customization by either the component developer or the integrator of all of these components.

This is the general problem of the component developers. There might be one little exception. This is K2. Because of its popularity most theme clubs provide styling for it to avoid users pestering them every month. Unfortunately Cobalt does not have this strong community, so its voice will not really be heard by the template developers.

This might explain your "design is basic" comment. Now, since Twitter Bootstrap and jQuery became part of Joomla 3 (and some plugins brought this support also to Joomla 2.5) Cobalt 8 will have natural support of these extensions. (I was able to see an early version of Cobalt 8 and was really impressed).

"no integration with cb or jomsocial". Please see under CONFIGURATION --> GENERAL --> Community integration the possibility to link to CB. It always depends how someone defines "integration". In my opinion, it should even be the social component developer to integrate Cobalt (or any other CCK) into their solution. A Content Creation Kit or Form Builder will enhance the social component and not the other way around. This was also the reason for Mighty Touch before.

"ONLY 1 module to display records "

See the last 2 paragraphs. There are sooo many developers out there to provide article display modules for Joomla. The better ones integrating different CCK's into their options. Take Roksproket as an example. They provide layers for popular CCKs. Here comes again the problem of popularity. As of now the Cobalt community is quite small and can not really be heard by these developers. Most of them are not even aware of Cobalts existence. This is slowly changing, but it also takes time and effort. You know this, since you are also trying to do your best in approaching these developers and convince them to take Cobalt into consideration.

Should MintJoomla spent developer resources to replicate what is already there? I believe not. They should focus on their core product, improve it, make sure it performs well and is stable to handle all our projects.

Your rating at JED before

**"Hello

I tried several CCK in the past (seblod, k2, zoo, and joomgalaxy) but cobalt is the best, powerfull and stable

thank you for this great component and an amazing support"

says everything already.

For me, any rating below 5 stars insults this component. Even without looking at Cobalt, the incredible FREE support, which we get from the developer is more worth than 5 stars. Where can you find weekly builds, where the development team incorporates requests and immediate fixes within this short period of time?

28 Oct 2012 02:41

???????

28 Oct 2012 02:45

who, what's that "clowride"

28 Oct 2012 02:51

i never made review in jed for cobalt, only emerald,

http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions/reviews/nozao

Sackgesicht VIP
Total posts: 1,636
28 Oct 2012 03:40

Dear "mykezeo",

based on the link YOU provided here, you made already a review about Cobalt under the name "bynozao".

So why in the first place did you start a topic about a "future" review, when you reviewed it already on July 1, 2012?

I believe that putting pressure on the development team with these sort of comments will not accelerate development, it will just create the opposite. Overall development will slow down.

I personally dont care about the fact, that you use different account names, i just dont find this behaviour "fair". And even if someone will use 10 fake accounts to put more pressure on his wishes, it will not make a big difference.

Overall I could see that you always were concerned about Cobalt and even were able to convince other developers to look into Cobalt while using your "clowride" account.

who, what's that "clowride"

I even consider this question as an insult on my intelligence.

Please see this link, notice the name and the answer of "clowride" to the topic.

Then open this link and compare again ...

I hope this answers your question. :D

Again, I dont care if you post here under 10 different account names.

I believe every of your personalities will receive always polite and useful answers to all your Cobalt related questions and this is all what matters, right?

Have a nice Sunday ...

28 Oct 2012 04:12

do you know mykezeo?

28 Oct 2012 04:13

better is to ask to check ipadress to show geolocalisation in server

strange mentality in this forum

28 Oct 2012 04:22

28 Oct 2012 04:37

I even consider this question as an insult on my intelligence.

in my CEO and teacher position, i think THERE is the problem

if i was the same person, i would have to post in anonym

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
30 Oct 2012 19:17

Funny conversation! I am following ;-)

@Sackgesicht Vielleicht wirklich nur ein Zufall und Namens-Vetter?