17 Oct 2012 11:01

[Another thing I would not list children int he list of books. Let the books just to show titles and not possible to add chapter unless you open book full view. Then you name more control ove layout. ]

1. Agreed. Can I do this out of the box, without having to modify templates? If yes, how do I do it?

I configured "show 0 children in the article list view" on the parent relation however it seems that this setting has no effect... The children are still displayed in the parent list view (book list view). Is it a bug or a feature.

1. Let's assume I have another 1-n relationship on books, apart chapters, called "Notes". The child type would be the type "Notes" that only has a additional html field and back relation to the book.

Can I, out of the box, display, in the book full view only a link to the list of " Notes" children list instead of the list of children inside the book full view, as it is done for the chapters?

I moved the discussion on a new topic, as it is little related to the book field....

Last Modified: 02 Mar 2014

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
18 Oct 2012 04:08

I believe I have answered this somewhere else already.

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
18 Oct 2012 05:39

Any field can be shown/hidden for list view and/or full view. So, i assume you just set your respective field parameter to "show intro" to NO.

Your field -> General Parameters -> General Properties -> Show intro No/Yes, Show full No/Yes

On the other hand, you may use your mentioned parameters under "SHOW CHILDREN". You said "0" does not have an effect...? Maybe a bug or your selected template does not check for this parameter?! Which template do you use to display the children?

Regarding your "Notes" link:

I would suggest to set "Show Children" to "0".

The parameter "Show All Link" should be ideal for your link.

Sorry, can´t tell you what the parameter "link type" is. Did not test it, yet.