15 Oct 2012 23:57

Last Modified: 02 Mar 2014

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
16 Oct 2012 13:52

Please, check your section parameters:

These are important settings for the initial list view... (marked with blue)

19 Oct 2012 14:33

This is how I finally did a custom template to look. Its just a table but with the articles under each category.

But the link on the name, I need to go to the article. Right now, clicking that link acts as a filter for the name. How can I make this the link to the actual item url?

19 Oct 2012 15:51

No. this is how i have it now. i did the work but i want the links to go to the item instead of filter.

Sackgesicht VIP
Total posts: 1,636
19 Oct 2012 17:46

Buddy,

please see this tutorial

HOW TO CUSTOMIZE COBALT TEMPLATES (V.1.4) under paragraph 6 - Customize Templates, how to get the URL of a record.

Good luck with your project

19 Oct 2012 21:41

Hey, i've read that page several times. That's where I got the code for the $item->url which just turns the entire thing into the link text. Why is this so hard? I just need to make a link out of the name that goes to the item. Why is this so hard? I've spent 5 days just getting this thing setup. So can I finally cheat and just get someone to please tell me how to simply link the name to the item?

It's crazy that it's this hard.

19 Oct 2012 23:20

I figured it out with:

id == 1){ if(isset($item->fields_by_key[$field->key]->result)) echo 'fields_by_key[$field->key]->result.'">'.$item->fields_by_key[$field->key]->result.''; } else { if(isset($item->fields_by_key[$field->key]->result)) echo $item->fields_by_key[$field->key]->result; } ?>