10 Oct 2012 12:25

Hi team,

I have a trouble with my records in any section, whatever is the record type with the featured flag.

When I declare a record featured, but without adding a featured end date (then it's stay default '0000-00-00 00:00:00'), or when I use the admin list to declare featured items (by using the icon or the button), the item stay featured only for one view in the list or item mode...

After the first view, where is consider like featured, the item featured flag is set to off...

Is this normal, because I cannot find any documentation about this.

Thanks for your help

Last Modified: 02 Mar 2014

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
11 Oct 2012 02:23

You are right. It is not absolutely clear.

Basically you have to have assign feature expiration date. Without it the featured status will be reseted on first display. You can also use frontend to set article featured

This will correctly set state an date.

Or if you do in manually on edit form add date.

11 Oct 2012 05:05

Hello Sergey,

Thanks for your quick response.

Is their a way then to modify the behaviour of the admin list to set also a date when we use the button or the icon on the item line ?

Personally I think it would be really more useful for every one if the behaviour of the featured flag was the same as the published one. If a date is set, it's featured until this date, else it's just featured...

Because I'm not sure my customer team will understand how it's really works, and we have specified a design with some article in featured mode that will be broken if none are set...

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
11 Oct 2012 22:36

Personally I think it would be really more useful for every one if the behaviour of the featured flag was the same as the published one. If a date is set, it's featured until this date, else it's just featured...

That is how it was initially. Just switch true/false plag of featured property of the article.

But later we have got a lot of questions and requests to make t possible to make article featured based on subscription. It means that author of the article can make it featured himself. But we also wanted to limit time on how long it stays featured.

Is their a way then to modify the behaviour of the admin list to set also a date when we use the button or the icon on the item line ?

I made changes. In next build on Thursday it will be included.

Because I'm not sure my customer team will understand how it's really works, and we have specified a design with some article in featured mode that will be broken if none are set...

It works like this now. If you make featured from frontend you make it featured for amount of days specified in Subscription restriction parameters. If from backend for 1 year.