11 Sep 2012 06:27

One of my plans is to make a complete overview of all schools in my country.

I like to make a division in level, name of the school and branch of study's.

That means that I will have on small database called "level" another "Schools" and I want to make it possible that i choose one of these in the maindatabase "Branch of studys

How can I make this working?

Last Modified: 02 Mar 2014

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
12 Sep 2012 19:55

Do you mean something like multisite?

andiamine VIP
Total posts: 295
12 Sep 2012 21:10

use jms multisite it's already compatible with Cobalt

www.jms2win.com

13 Sep 2012 05:05

No, not multisite. I want to couple databases created in Cobalt.

When i make a file named "Job profiles" one of the fields is "Education" and all schools are in another datebase of file. In the file "job profiles" i want to make a choice from that file.

13 Sep 2012 06:05

I made a first setup of my plans in Excel. Is it possible to make this in Cobalt?

If yes, how can I do it.

If no, do you know another option?

The project goes further, there will be a kind of social network with different querries.

Sergey
13 Sep 2012 08:05

To be honest your XML file did not make any clearer.

I still do not understand your basic idea and what do you mean by field connect to file or DB. Is it other DB or the same in Joomla?

13 Sep 2012 08:58

Trying again

I want to create an overview of job descriptions in the Netherland. Part of the description is the neccesary education. For example PHP programmer needs an education in programming. But while there are different jobs that need that education, i want to make a file with all educations in Holland. In the excel file is that the sheet "instituut" the last tab, the first column of that list is the input in the thirt column in the first tab. There are relations between all the sheets and I like to use these relations in mij site using Cobalt.

I short, it will be a big relational datebase.

Sergey
13 Sep 2012 20:38

I see. The sheet files cannot be the source of information in Cobalt. You will have to create section Education with list of all Educational Institutes. And as suggested by guest above, use relation field.

WHen user create profile or CV in education section he will start type and see list of Institutes. He will be able to add as many as he wants.

18 Sep 2012 06:50

Sorry

But I don't get it.

Do I make a section in Joomla or in Cobalt?

How do i make a relation field?

Sergey
18 Sep 2012 08:05

You make section in Cobalt :)

You create types and fields to types. TЕщеhe parent type you add parent field and to the child type you add child field and you point one field to another. just look through field parameters and it will become more clear.

Sergey
18 Sep 2012 18:54

ME Resources Music library

I plan when I have more time. Now getting all support on myself I barely have time even to code :)