09 Sep 2012 18:18

Please help!

I updated to the last release and I have a big problem: I can't add new categories!! When I try to add them they just disappear (they're not even in the database where the old ones were saved). I only have one category left, and on the section page instead of the it I get an error saying:

"Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in

Hidden text
components/com_cobalt/models/categories.php on line 138

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in

Hidden text
components/com_cobalt/views/records/tmpl/default_cindex_default.php on line 24"

Last Modified: 02 Mar 2014

Konstantin
Total posts: 1,113
10 Sep 2012 01:31

Can you give me access to your site and ftp, than I can check your problem.

10 Sep 2012 06:34

Of course, sorry about that. I forgot I created a new topic for this.

Hidden text

Konstantin
Total posts: 1,113
10 Sep 2012 23:00

The problem was that somebody delete a ROOT row from table "js_res_categories". Never delete it, without this row violated the concept "Nested set", which use category storage.

11 Sep 2012 12:01

There's a new issue, I don't know if it's connected to this one or not. Yesterday, after setting the SEF, I could see the links very neatly as sitename.com/category-name/subcategory-name, today I see it as category-one/category-items/1-category-one/9-item-name etc. Is this connected or should I look somewhere else?

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
12 Sep 2012 19:37

Any question yet? Because I cannot understand what you have already solved and what is not.

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
18 Sep 2012 08:02

The question is still about the SEF - can I get the links to look like sitename/category-name/subcategory-name or do I have to use category-items etc?

not with built-in router. We are very concerned at speed of Cobalt. And this links ar possible to accomplish only with additional query per every link on the page. That is what we cannot afford. If someone do it, let him to take responsibility for that. :D

Unfortunately we are not ready to add adaptational 50 - 150 queries to the page :)