09 Mar 2021 16:48

Hello

i just tested cobalt cck and it is an amazing component which i will use for my projects.

i will have some ideas for future :

• i use cobalt for support desk, i would like cobalt cck has "solved" and "best reply" for topic
  • multi rating in comment.
  • Rich snippet for comment, review and rating and especially schema 'forumposting'
  • improve SEO
  • improve templating

thanks and keep this amazing work.

09 Mar 2021 17:16

Here you are the JSITE MAP SDK link for improving seo : https://storejextensions.org/api-sdk-request.html

Giorgi625 VIP
Total posts: 655
09 Mar 2021 17:25

Hello, first of all I suggest you to register and post after login it will allow you to see notifications on your posts also you will be able to add to bookmarks topic which maybe helpful for you. About Solved you can use status field which has great features. You can check it even on this page check screenshot

https://i.postimg.cc/fb50m6yC/image-2021-03-09-211931.png

About best Answer agree it will be great feature to be able to mark comments this way. I have not used Cobalt for this task so can not be sure if it can be done already or not but it has voting option for comments as well so it may be usefull too. I think it can be added in new version of Cobalt which is in development, once Sergey will be ready he will publish github link I think where we will be able to ask for features and help him to test it.

About schema if you use default Cobalt template yes, but mainly users of Cobalt (at least me) are creating custom template for every view so its up to us to add schema into our templates.

Hugues
Total posts: 2
09 Mar 2021 17:48

ok thank you. i come from wordpress and i think cobalt is an amazing forum and support desk solution. but it lacks in seo features. Could you tell me if it has multi rating feature for author and comments ? thanks again

Hugues
Total posts: 2
09 Mar 2021 17:50

oh could i migrate from cobalt cck for joomla 3 to cobalt xx for joomla 4 ?

Giorgi625 VIP
Total posts: 655
09 Mar 2021 23:06

I do not know yet about migrating, it depends. Cobalt 8 has formatter plugins which can be used as exporting option and then import them via import page, but it does not guarantee 100% result. Another option is Packer but I do not know how it will work between Cobalt 8 and 9(or as Sergey mentioned before he may call it 10)

About multi rating of course it has for article. If you will use type as comment, then yes comments also will have multirating options. you can set for type as comment to allow only to author to rate so comment authors will be able to rate. this is great when you create Review portals like hostadvice, but as I know each comment has own rating and it will not count all comments ratings and does not add it do main article as I know(hope this feature will be possible in new version).

Once you will dig into Cobalt more and see all fields and its features you will see how many different tasks can be done with it.