03 Jun 2017 08:12

Hello i would like to know how to have forum pack responsive without using media queries because right now it is not responsive thank you

Last Modified: 06 Jun 2017

Giorgi625 VIP
Total posts: 655
03 Jun 2017 10:44

You need to change tempalte file structure. I am also using default tempalte and plan to edit it to be BS3 compatible

04 Jun 2017 06:37

Giorgi625 You need to change tempalte file structure. I am also using default tempalte and plan to edit it to be BS3 compatible> Giorgi625

Please can you explain me how you make forum template responsive please ? i can not manager to that

thank you

Giorgi625 VIP
Total posts: 655
04 Jun 2017 07:49

Giorgi625 You need to change tempalte file structure. I am also using default tempalte and plan to edit it to be BS3 compatible> Giorgi625

Please can you explain me how you make forum template responsive please ? i can not manager to that

thank you

I ma using Bootstrap3, on this url there are ready tempaltes which I need to fit in forum tempalte file http://getbootstrap.com/css/#grid

04 Jun 2017 09:37

i think sergey should make cobalt templates responsive since it is important for seo

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
06 Jun 2017 17:06

Hello, would you mind to describe the "responsive" behavior and final result in more detail, please?
There are different ways and techniques to modify the display. And there are different demands on the final display.

For instance, one user might need to show every column header and data, and wants a horizontal scrollbar...
another user might want to hide this or that particular column, and don't like an auto-scrollbar at all...
another user might want to get rid of the complete table-markup...
etc. etc.

One Example:
See an official Kunena Forum category. They also use tables, and just add css utility classes to hide everything but the topic title/link on small screens.

So, what is your goal and preference?

Sackgesicht VIP
Total posts: 1,636
06 Jun 2017 17:43

clowride,

in addition to pepperstreets post, here are 2 links to explain and show some of the techniques regarding "responsive tables".

10+ Solutions for Responsive Data Tables

Responsive Tables Demo

06 Jun 2017 18:15

MMMmm

as soon as at home i will try but hard to manage when no boostrap

Sackgesicht VIP
Total posts: 1,636
06 Jun 2017 19:31

Like what pepperstreet mentioned ... The Kunena forum uses Bootstrap 2.3.2 (default in Joomla). See the documentation from bootstrap about responsive design here