23 Dec 2016 17:39

Hello,

My site (for a long time) is experimenting a lot of problems with the cache. The site is made in Joomla with Cobalt 8. The programmer who built the site can not find an answer (more I think he is not doing anything at all for a long time, but this is another issue) Since we decided to improve the site with cobalt 8 and move to joomla 3 the problems with the cache came up. I have been talking with the staff working in the company I host the server but they say it is not a server problem at all. As it is an e-learning site the main problems I founding are:

• Students report to that lessons get suddenly vanished (but we can see them..)
  • They can not get out from the site (they experiment an extrange loop that does not allow them to disconnect from the site)
  • After a while without activity at the site and if you want to move to another page (still logged) it appears a little robot at the top of the site saying Upps the resource can not be found or something similar.

And some other problems I can not exactly remember now.

Can you help me please?

Thanks

Last Modified: 30 Dec 2016

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
27 Dec 2016 08:19

Cobalt does nto use any Cache API. So if you have any Cache extension on your site that might be the cause. Just exclude Cobalt from caching. Perhaps your HTTP server configured so it sends HTTP cache hearers. I am not sure. But I can confirm that Cobalt does not cache anything.