22 Aug 2016 14:01

Hi,

I am working on a website with Cobalt 8 on which I have a “News” section that contains several topic-specific news categories.

On the home page, I have the Cobalt Records module presenting the most recent records in the News section as I’d like for any recent News record to be shown. On several different topical pages, I would like to present the related topic-specific News category (not the entire news feed).

In the Cobalt Records module, I am able to select the News section but I cannot determine how to select a specific category from that section. How can this module be configured to display a single category of the News section?

Thank you!

Dave C.

Last Modified: 30 Aug 2016

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
23 Aug 2016 00:31

Hello Dave, there are 2 related parameters. See Categories limit IDs. Enter the ID number of your category.

24 Aug 2016 16:10

Thank you! It works perfectly.

pepperstreet VIP
25 Aug 2016 02:48

Guest Thank you! It works perfectly.

Great. You're welcome!

pepperstreet Hello Dave, there are 2 related parameters. See Categories limit IDs. Enter the ID number of your category.

@Sergey
The parameter's label implies to enter multiple ID's. Which makes total sense.
But what is the input format?
I tried the usual comma separated list, but it seems not to work.
(at least on my current test installation)

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
30 Aug 2016 14:56

pepperstreet @Sergey

The parameter's label implies to enter multiple ID's. Which makes total sense.

But what is the input format?

I tried the usual comma separated list, but it seems not to work.

(at least on my current test installation)

Yes there was a code to convert it into integer. I have chaged that. Should work with next update.

pepperstreet VIP
30 Aug 2016 15:31

Sergey Yes there was a code to convert it into integer. I have chaged that. Should work with next update.

Cool, thanks!
(Thought it was just me)