18 Jul 2016 13:24

(Same question posted as registered user jordantsap)

Hello to all. I have a big problem removing two sections from cobalt 8x "type" page called "international". The image below shows how the page looks like, and mthe marked sections are the ones that needs to be removed. Please help. International

Last Modified: 10 Apr 2018

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
19 Jul 2016 01:02

Hello, first of all... did you check if your template is compatible with Cobalt and vice versa? It looks like the typical "bootstrap CSS" styling is missing. Your template is an older one from RocketTheme club, right? You might enable "template compatibility" in Cobalt backend -> Config

(PS: I wonder why the compare message and button is displayed... As far as I know, it is only visible if you have selected something.)

Compare

Anyways, do you want to hide the upper compare area or do you really want to disable the entire functionality? To disable it you have to go to YourType -> Properties -> Compare articles "Do not allow article compare"

Submit here

go to Your-Type -> Submission Parameters tab -> Who can submit "Select ACL..."
(additionally you can also hide submission links in Section's markup template. See below how to get to Section Menu -> Menu Elements -> New Records)

Alpha Index A-Z

go to Your-Section -> General parameters tab -> Templates -> Markup layout "default" (click edit button!)
In modal window -> General Parameters tab -> Alpha Index -> Enable alpha index "No"

Sorting / Ordering

Also in modal window -> Section Menu tab -> Menu Elements -> Records ordering "Select ACL..."
(alternatively you can hide and restrict separate sorting elements. See Who can order by parameters)

Hope this helps.

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
24 Jul 2016 04:06

pepperstreet (PS: I wonder why the compare message and button is displayed... As far as I know, it is only visible if you have selected something.)

It uses BS class hide. So if there is no BS there is no hide.

jordantsap
Total posts: 10
01 Aug 2016 13:06

This helped indeed thank you very much for this but: After changing the above i get the following error on top of the main content area: Error loading component: home/language/public_html/latest/components/com_cobalt/library/php/community/com_cobalt, Component not found.

pepperstreet VIP
01 Aug 2016 16:15

jordantsap After changing the above i get the following error on top of the main content area: Error loading component: home/language/public_html/latest/components/com_cobalt/library/php/community/com_cobalt, Component not found.

Confirmed

There seems to be a bug with Joomla 3.6.0 and Cobalt global configuration -> Community Integration parameter.
It does not show the correct file and name, instead it lists the "paths" as values.
I am going to create a new forum topic and report this issue to "Sergey":

jordantsap
01 Aug 2016 21:57

Thanks for the replay. I'm waiting for the solution

pepperstreet VIP
01 Aug 2016 23:46

jordantsap I'm waiting for the solution

You are welcome. I have updated the related topic. It is definitely a Joomla 3.6.0 bug I have found a pull-request for a fix of two related files. Seems to work. Currently, this is an independant issue from up-coming 3.6.1 release...
I think they are going to merge it.

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
02 Aug 2016 05:38

pepperstreet

jordantsap I'm waiting for the solution

You are welcome. I have updated the related topic. It is definitely a Joomla 3.6.0 bug I have found a pull-request for a fix of two related files. Seems to work. Currently, this is an independant issue from up-coming 3.6.1 release...

I think they are going to merge it.

I made your comment not private since Jordan canot read private topics here as he is not author of topic.

jordantsap
02 Aug 2016 23:01

Navigating to the joomla admin/cobalt/sections/categories, i get the following error Fatal error: Call to a member function getItem() on boolean in /home/language/public_html/latest/components/com_cobalt/library/php/helpers/itemsstore.php on line 40 The file code is: `<?php

/**

defined('_JEXEC') or die();

jimport('joomla.application.component.model');

jimport('joomla.database.table');

JTable::addIncludePath(JPATH_ROOT . '/administrator/components/com_cobalt/tables', 'CobaltTable');

JModelLegacy::addIncludePath(JPATH_ROOT . '/components/com_cobalt/models', 'CobaltModel');

include_once dirname(FILE) . '/url.php';

/Line 40 starts here/ class ItemsStore

{

public static $categories = array();

public static $sections = array();

public static $records = array();

public static $types = array();

public static $usercategories = null;

public static $record_ids = null;

static public function getSection($section_id)

{

if(! isset(self::$sections[$section_id]))

{

$section_model = JModelLegacy::getInstance('Section', 'CobaltModel');

self::$sections[$section_id] = $section_model->getItem($section_id);

}

return self::$sections[$section_id];

}

static public function getRecord($record_id)

{

if(! isset(self::$records[$record_id]))

{

$rec_mod = JModelLegacy::getInstance('Record', 'CobaltModel');

self::$records[$record_id] = $rec_mod->getItem($record_id);

}

return self::$records[$record_id];

}

static public function getType($type_id)

{

if(! isset(self::$types[$type_id]))

{

self::$types[$type_id] = JModelLegacy::getInstance('Form', 'CobaltModel')->getRecordType($type_id);

}

return self::$types[$type_id];

}

static public function getUserCategory($ucategory_id)

{

if(! isset(self::$usercategories[$ucategory_id]))

{

$usercategory_model = JModelLegacy::getInstance('Usercategory', 'CobaltModel');

self::$usercategories[$ucategory_id] = $usercategory_model->getItem($ucategory_id);

}

return self::$usercategories[$ucategory_id];

}

static public function getCategory($category_id)

{

if(array_key_exists($category_id, self::$categories))

{

return self::$categories[$category_id];

}

require_once JPATH_ROOT . '/components/com_cobalt/models/category.php';

$model       = new CobaltModelCategory();

self::$categories[$category_id] = $model->getItem($category_id);

/*$db = JFactory::getDbo();

if(! empty(self::$record_ids))

{

$sql = "SELECT id,alias,params,path,access,published FROM #__js_res_categories WHERE id IN (SELECT catid FROM #__js_res_record_category WHERE record_id IN (" . implode(',', self::$record_ids) . ")) OR id = " . (int)$category_id;

self::$record_ids = array();

}

else

{

$sql = "SELECT id,alias,params,path,title,published, access FROM #__js_res_categories WHERE id = " . (int)$category_id;

}

$db->setQuery($sql);

$result = $db->loadObjectList('id');

foreach($result as $key => $cat)

{

$cat->params = new JRegistry($cat->params);

$cat->path = str_replace('root/', '', $cat->path);

self::$categories[$key] = $cat;

}*/

return @self::$categories[$category_id];

}

}`

pepperstreet VIP
03 Aug 2016 15:39

jordantsap Navigating to the joomla admin/cobalt/sections/categories, i get the following error Fatal error: Call to a member function getItem() on boolean in /home/language/public_html/latest/components/com_cobalt/library/php/helpers/itemsstore.php on line 40

AFAIK, this issue has been solved already.

BTW, there were other forum posts with the same topic. Always try to search before posting. If you have a new issue or question, open a NEW topic with a proper title. That helps others and support to find and answer. Thanks in advance.

Do you use the latest Cobalt release? Please, check downloads! Current package is 8.719

There might be another updated release on Thursday. Insider-Tip: Always check downloads on Thursdays ;)