17 Feb 2016 22:34

Cobalt 8.630

I moved my site. All necessery configuration was changed as ecpected. In uploads field setup max file size is 4MB. If I try to upload bigger file than 100KB it lands in the joomla's tmp folder instead of uploads/uploads/2016-02. If I hit save the file isn't in the article it is in the tmp folder. Before site move everythings worked fine. I talked to host and all the PHP setting's are good there is no log entry or somthing like that.

Any idea?

Last Modified: 14 Jun 2017

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
18 Feb 2016 08:37

Please make sure uploads forlder and its node have enough acces rights. Reset all to 777 just for check. If everything works, then set corect rights acording to your Joomla configuration.

danielbidala VIP
Total posts: 153
19 Feb 2016 13:43

No matter which permission I use.

Smaller file than 100K lands in the right place www/uploads/uploads/2016-02 Bigger file than 100K lands in www/tmp

In the field setup I use 4MB limit (4096). I tried to change this value but with no effect. It's strange.

Sackgesicht VIP
Total posts: 1,636
19 Feb 2016 21:08

If you are sure that all your PHP settings are correct, you might want to look into your Apache configuration (if Apache is your web server. Try to check on the "LimitRequestBody" directive in your httpd.conf file .. it might be set at 102400 ... Double check also "post_max_size" in your PHP configuration

In case you make changes, don't forget to restart Apache.

danielbidala VIP
21 Feb 2016 10:25

HI Sackgesicht. Thanks for the tip. Apache configuration is OK. The host tried another php based upload script and it's working properly. This make me crazy. My client can't use his site... Any other idea?

Sergey
22 Feb 2016 14:44

This is not limit of size. Otherwise you would get size limit error.

DO you have free space on your hosting account? File in tmp folder is complete or damaged?

danielbidala VIP
22 Feb 2016 17:24

Thanks for your interest Sergey. I have more GB free space on my hosting. With ftp client I can upload bigger files too. The uploaded files ara damaged in tmp folder. Their size is 101400 byte. Extension of files are various (pdf, jpg, xlsx, docx...). I tried with fresh install of joomla+cobalt it's the same as this moved site. My hosting said every possible php settings are good. They tried with another php upload script. Maybe it's some kind of size limit tough because the smaller files lands in the right folder without damage.

Sergey
25 Feb 2016 06:48

Try to look in Chrome inspector Network tab and see AJAX requests/responses there. Look at one when it stops. And see if it has any error.

danielbidala VIP
25 Feb 2016 07:21

I dont't see any error on network tab when selecting, uploading files.

Sergey
03 Mar 2016 02:38

Givve me access and give me the link wheer you upload and I'll check it.

Sergey
08 Mar 2016 05:21

This is really strange. I do not see any errors. It looks like it sends only 2 chuncks of file no matter what is the size of the file. One chank is 100Kb. that is why. Most probably this os some JS conflict. Some other script influense it, bu I cannot find out which one becue there are no errors.

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
11 May 2017 15:21

Hello, how did this turn out? Any solution or hint about the actual culprit would be helpful for other users. Thanks in advance.

nblgeoweb VIP
Total posts: 178
12 May 2017 10:25

I have the same problem in another ticket that's open right now. I have a test server set up at my web hosting company that has a brand new install of Joomla 3.7 and Cobalt 8.740 that you can play with if you want to see the behaviour in action. Login details are in a private reply in the other ticket ( http://www.mintjoomla.com/support/community-forum/user-item/2875-nblgeoweb/48-cobalt-8/7408-upload-not-working-with-html5.html )

Sergey
16 May 2017 11:28

I still cannot understand the reaso of that. It even happen on one of my sites and I was nto able to find out. I've even hired a very experianced freelancer who was sure to find it but no result.

Sergey
17 May 2017 10:20

not quite. I have the same problem on one of my site which is apache2handler and not FCGI.

Jeff VIP
Total posts: 745
19 May 2017 04:28

Give this a try. Replace the files in the zip file with the ones in your current /media/mint/js/mooupload folder. I copied them from a site where the upload field still works correctly. Let me know if it works.

Download MooUpload.js.zip

nblgeoweb VIP
22 May 2017 21:06

This is the same v1.1 MooUpload.js that is included with the latest Cobalt and unfortunately doesn't fix the problem.

I have the same problem as Sergey mentions above - I have two sites with the same problem where one uses FCGI and the other uses apache2handler.

Jeff VIP
Total posts: 745
23 May 2017 01:53

Sorry to hear that nblgeoweb but it did fix mine on two different sites... Guess we have to look further.

Sergey
25 May 2017 13:04

Your file worked, Jeff.

I have compared files with a special diff tool. JS file is absolutely identical. I did not change that. But I have changed PHP file and now it works.

So my solution was.

1. Update mooupload.php
  2. Mate ./tmp 777
  3. Make ./upload/* 777

Now everything works. Of course next cobalt update I'll keep this new file.

I was comparing it line by line with a special diff tool and i was nto able to deffer significat changes. So I cannot say what exactly was a reason.

nblgeoweb VIP
25 May 2017 23:35

I originally just tried the js file and it made no difference. I didn't see any difference with that and the original file using diff. Updating the mooupload.php as Sergey mentions did do the trick though. It's now working. I did a quick look at the differences using diff and it looks like there are a lot of header related changes that might have something to do with it. Anyways, many thanks to Jeff and Sergey.