24 Jun 2014 12:16

Hi! I have created a new packege in my localhost and try to install to an other joomla site with the same cobalt and same joomla version (cobalt: 8.551, joomla 3.3.1) Something went wrong so I unistall the package and remove all templates, menuitems and etc. When I try to reinstall the whole process failed: one record from the 33 created, section not created, type created without any attribs, menu item were created. When I install a new clear joomla with the same version the install of my cobalt package was great. I don't want to remove and reintall the cobalt in the wrongly working site, because lot of other cobalt content (works fine) is there. So the question is what should be wrong? What sould I remove or update to install my package.

Last Modified: 25 Jun 2014

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
25 Jun 2014 01:38
  1. You can install package over previouse instalation. It will simply update all templates, typres and section configurations.
  2. If you want totally reinstall you have to delete folders pack and packs in /administrator/components/com_cobalt

Guest When I try to reinstall the whole process failed: one record from the 33 created

Do you use parameter not copy content on updates?

simonvirag
Total posts: 6
25 Jun 2014 07:49

Hi! I removed the pack folder and the new install was good. Thanks for your support!