06 May 2014 16:41

Hello Guys

My problem is this, I had created a content type called Albums and my client populated that content type with data - all goog until now - now he asked me to create another content type called "Best albums" when I did it and linked to albums (album having the child field and "Best ALbums" having the parent field) all the data in ALbums that was already there are not pulling the "Best Albums" list to choose one from it. but when I create a new album it shows the list of "best albums".

also I wanted to put a boolean field in albums and just used a records module or even use a prefiltered url so I can have the list of albums that are checked as best albums, but the thing is that the new content type "best albums" has like five or so fields of it's own so I could not do that.

my question is how can I fix this so the old albums can pull the "best albums" list to choose one from it and that way link both of them?

please I need your help urgently as the death line is real soon.

best regards to you all.

Fabricio Daza.

Last Modified: 07 May 2014

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
07 May 2014 05:32

I swear I have had already unswered this question somewhere.

I think for you the best option would be create either booloean field liek "Best" or use Featured. This way you are still in the same section and the same type, only difference some albums may looks different in you custom template.

Also user may search only best albums or you can create prefiltered link if you use field.

You can use both field and featured. Field for marking album as best and featured to raise it first in the list.

07 May 2014 19:47

Hello Sergey

thanks for the reply, but I can't do it that way.

The first reason is because the new content type has fields on it's own and will be use to create several list acording to the cliente criteria

The second reason is that I want to know how to troubleshoot that in case it happends with other content types that I may be adding.

best regards,

Fabricio Daza.

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
07 May 2014 22:30

Guest my question is how can I fix this so the old albums can pull the "best albums" list to choose one from it and that way link both of them?

What happens if you edit/save one of the older records, then open it again? Does it show the "Best Albums" list?

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
07 May 2014 22:35

Guest the new content type has fields on it's own and will be use to create several list acording to the cliente criteria

Somehow the record types sound very similar to me. Isn't it redundancy? I mean, you could put all fields in one type... set "best" property for certain albums... also exclude/include fields to your liking.