05 Apr 2014 20:18

Hello, I would like to know regarding Advanced Cookbook App For Cobalt. The content of this app would be joomla content like articles, or that would be separate component? I mean, if there would be other components that would be suitable for joomla articles, so could I use it or not? As I understand if I use Cobalt, I can apply also all extentions that is for joomla articles, yes? Is it the same for Advanced Cookbook App? Thank you for your answer.

Last Modified: 06 Apr 2014

golfads VIP
Total posts: 216
05 Apr 2014 21:55

Hi,

Cobalt itself does not use neither Joomla articles nor Joomla com_content, records are created inside Cobalt component, however, some fields in Cobalt can be configured to display Joomla content plugins such as photo galleries, contact form, google map etc.

But, Cobalt itself has lots of fields that can be used to create as many kind of directory, real estate, business directory, classifieds ads among so many others. As an example, ourselves, we have developed three websites using Cobalt, the first one is a golf advertising and social networking site, a second one is a tour operator website with lots of features and finally, we are currently working on a real estate website as well.

The Advanced Cookbook App is only a template pack, that is, it will render Cobalt fields to create a recipe/cooking listing kind of directory, you have the choice to add as much fields as you require and as much details as well.

As an example, with some help of Cobalt community, we have successfully integrated Breezingforms to integrate Cobalt for inquiries and other requests for our tour operator website.

Hope that I have answered to your questions, if not, other Cobalt subscribers may try to explain it to you with much more technical details.

Regards,

Tomy

andiamine VIP
Total posts: 295
06 Apr 2014 12:47

if you install cobalt cookbook app, you will save time for building recipes directory, this pack create automaticly recipe type with all essential fields, and also create section and some demo content, also there are some features added in this pack, like recipe schema, fb open graph ....

Regards, ANDI