09 Feb 2014 11:38

Hi, fresh to Cobalt and probably a very dumb question, but I cannot figure out how to dispay all existing categories when on home page of 'list of section articles'. I have tried setting all parameters in Section to public view and the category module displays them ok; still, nothing but 'There are no articles here. Be first who post here.'

Thanks.

Last Modified: 02 Mar 2014

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
09 Feb 2014 16:04

Welcome to Cobalt ;-)

Since you are talking of categories, I am not sure if you have problems with the categories itself (index) or with the article's display on section home. So, I will cover both.

1.) To see your categories names (cat index) above your list, you have to set a template:

Edit Section -> General Parameters -> Template -> Category Index (select template and edit by hitting the small button with gear-icon)

2.) You have 3 different options to show articles on your section home. I guess, your articles are stored in sub-categories, and you want to show ALL articles on the initial section list view. From all sub-categories:

Edit Section -> General Parameters -> Section Home -> Show Records at section homepage -> Show ANY record on in the section

10 Feb 2014 07:33

Hi pepperstreet and thanks for the extensive reply...that solved my issue :)

My category index template was indeed set to none (by default?) and I just missed it.

Brilliant support/community anyhow!