21 Jan 2014 06:06

The idea behind this is when a person will search a record based on the location field, this module will display nearby things near that location with distance. For example, Schools, entertainiments, Railway station and lots of other details.

Another thing is to show the nearby things even in the record section. What I want is a tab in record detail page and within that tab , it will display nearby things near that location with distance like Schools, entertainiments, Railway station and lots of other details.

Last Modified: 02 Mar 2014

clowride VIP
Total posts: 1,022
21 Jan 2014 07:40

The idea behind this is when a person will search a record based on the location field, this module will display nearby things near that location with distance. For example, Schools, entertainiments, Railway station and lots of other details.

maybe i'm wrong, but the record field has an option to show recors based on distance (20 km, 30 km, etc ) no ?

21 Jan 2014 07:47

Yes I know this, but the result will be all records with in that distance from your own db. I don't want that. What I need is the module will take the location as its input and then will search information related to nearby Schools, entertainments, nearest Railway station and lots of other information from Google and display that in that module. The information will be retrieved from Google and not from my db.

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
22 Jan 2014 04:37

You want module with search input and GO button?

22 Jan 2014 06:44

Hi Sergey,

No I don't want the way you are talking about. I need similar like below:

http://www.zoopla.co.uk/for-sale/details/31664949?search_identifier=237c1a165a1f880f5c3e371e8a68b2a5

If you go above link, you will see on right hand side something like saying "Nearby stations". Under that heading you will see list of nearbu stations.

Also on that page, you can see a tab saying "Map & Nearby" where you can see nearby things on the location of that record.

Is it something like possible with Cobalt?

Regards

Sergey
22 Jan 2014 07:04

Yes. it is possible. But you will have to use records field. Module does not know anything about location of current article.

You can use nearby parameter in records field and set google map template. Unfortunately you will not have checkboxes to narrow search. But you can implement it by making custom map template.

30 Jan 2014 07:14

Sergey,

I did not understand completely on how to do it. How can you set google map template? I can see a parameter called "with in distance" for what to show section. But how will it show nearest railway station near the location of the record?

Sergey
31 Jan 2014 06:48

Нщг cannot chose what type. I mean it will show all rail stations, bus stations, ... There is no possibility to show only something. But in custom template you may do what every you want. You get all of them but show only some or make checkbox filter. But it is serious programming with Google Map API.

In records field there it list template override parameter. You can set this one as a map.