15 Jan 2014 03:23

Hi,

I am a great supporter of Cobalt and I have used this in my website. However I have still not gone live due to one problem. I hired freelancers but for most of them it is very difficult to change the current Cobalt filter module. What I need is just a Text Box within Cobalt geo field that is used in Cobalt filter module on front end. Does anyone know how to do it?(Perhaps Sergey ?).

Without the text search functionality, the use of geo field is useless. Just imagine a scenario like in UK where there are 27 million post codes and how a person will search the location based on either post code or any address on cobalt filter module on frontend without any text help. This is a must feature in Cobalt and I believe Sergey and others will realise it very soon. This geo is of no use if there is no text search field within to to search when you use on front end.

So here is my requirement: Please help me on this.

Create a new search text box inside the location map geo field used in Cobalt filter module.

User enter UK based location/address only in the above search text box inside the location map geo field

After that, the search text box will display the options from Google suggestion ajax type

User will now select the option from above

Then the property location field map will instantly display the location chosen from above step.

user will select the distance from the property location field

Then submit

Is it possible as stated above?

Appreciate a prompt reply at the earliest.

Regards

Last Modified: 02 Mar 2014

15 Jan 2014 03:47

If the above is very hard and time consuming to do, then is the following possible?

I will not use geo field in cobalt filter module

There will be a Text box for search field

There will be a select field for distance search

User will enter post code or address on text box

User will select distance

Then click submit

which should display the result

The idea is to provide UI to user who can search records based on distance search and post code

Is it possible?

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
15 Jan 2014 07:43

Brian, I know you are very well Cobalt supporter. Especially for you I have added some changes to filter template and updated geo field for you to download and test before I clame new feature on Thursday.

15 Jan 2014 10:40

Sergey. You are wonderful man. It can't be any faster than this. But where will I download to test?

15 Jan 2014 10:48

@Sergey, unbelievable to hear from you that you have added the changes in few minutes/hrs while it was nearly impossible for other freelancers to make this change. Where is this available to download and test?

16 Jan 2014 05:36

Hidden text

16 Jan 2014 07:48

Hidden text

16 Jan 2014 08:06

Sergey,

I tested the plugin, but unfortunately it is not working. I am having an old version of cobalt 8.304. Since there are lots of customized work being done, I am bit reluctant to upgrade to latest version . Here is my url: http://dev2.realtyconnect.co.uk/index.php/for-sale-listing/items/3-seller-section

Can you please help what is going wrong?

Regards

clowride VIP
Total posts: 1,022
16 Jan 2014 08:47

hello i can use search box without problem with zip or text

16 Jan 2014 08:48

after I install the full cobalt package, it is working fine

16 Jan 2014 10:15

Sergey,

Can we also implement the same google ajax search while entering address on fronend, means in the google geo input template. Means when user on front end creates a record on front end, he should have this functionality. Is it possible?

The second approach is to make the Address input fields on Google map on front end as google ajax suggestion type as implemented in the filter module.

Regards

Sergey
16 Jan 2014 10:29

Can we also implement the same google ajax search while entering address on fronend, means in the google geo input template. Means when user on front end creates a record on front end, he should have this functionality. Is it possible?

Yes it is possible. I'll see what I can do.

16 Jan 2014 10:41

Great and thanks Sergey for your quick reply. Will look forward to that.

Sergey
17 Jan 2014 08:02

Added to version 8.159 and updated so you could test it on weekends.

It is heavily refactored. JS was rewritten from scratch. Usually I do not like to make such a changed on stable products, but that is what was required o implement text search for geo field input.

Now we have to seriously test it.

17 Jan 2014 08:06

Thank you very much Sergey, you are a life saver. Thanks for your very quick reply. Now I will test it seriously in the weekend.

20 Jan 2014 03:07

Yes It works without any problem. Thanks once more for your kind help.