18 Nov 2013 00:06

Hi,

I need to make some modifications to the section record list here.

I am using a customised table template.

1. Is it possible to add some styling to the table so that the columns are more even?

1. How do I remove the "Make Featured for 30 Days" option from the edit pop up menu?

1. Is it possible to order the records by the "Start Time & Date" field? This is a Date & Time field that overrides the expiry date so that the record automatically unpublishes at the time set in the field.

At the moment it is ordered by "Most recent last", but as this page is an "Event Calendar" of sorts, I need to order the records so that the next event coming up is at the top of the list.

Any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks

Ian

Last Modified: 02 Mar 2014

Sackgesicht VIP
Total posts: 1,636
18 Nov 2013 00:58

Ian,

you might consider adding center alignment and nowrap to the columns ...

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
18 Nov 2013 03:42

At the moment it is ordered by "Most recent last", but as this page is an "Event Calendar" of sorts, I need to order the records so that the next event coming up is at the top of the list.

I assume your events have a timeframe? So, you might need both dates: Create and Expire time. The ordering parameter needs the create time as well. As far as I know, an up-coming list needs to be ordered by (Oldest first), since you have future dates... AND a limited view in the future. Example here.

(please, correct me, if I am wrong. I am open for other ideas)

This setup is not possible in Cobalt, yet. I already discussed it with Sergey/MintJoomla and have sent my ME Resources files for reference.

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
18 Nov 2013 07:22

Foe template modifications please read this

http://docs.mintjoomla.com/en/cobalt/custom-templates-general

You may add nowrap attribute to data cells or width to header cells.

18 Nov 2013 18:45

I assume your events have a timeframe? So, you might need both dates: Create and Expire time. The ordering parameter needs the create time as well. As far as I know, an up-coming list needs to be ordered by (Oldest first), since you have future dates... AND a limited view in the future. Example here.

Hi,

If I override the record create time and set the "View Future Articles" to Public, I get the result I want:

But obviously, when the record is selected, "This record is not yet published" is displayed, because it hasn't been "created" yet.

My question is: what is the "Ctime modification value" and can this help publish the record before it's create time?

Thanks,

Ian

pepperstreet VIP
18 Nov 2013 21:03

But obviously, when the record is selected, "This record is not yet published" is displayed, because it hasn't been "created" yet.

Another user also posted this issue! IMHO, this is a bug. The section setting "show future articles" should work for all views. It does for list-view, but it seems to throw a message on full-view.

So, the actual date has not to be modified by the override parameter. That would change your event date ;-) Roll-Over the label. It shows a short description how to use it. Pretty simple syntax. "N" is just a placeholder for your actual "numerical value".

pepperstreet VIP
18 Nov 2013 21:10

If I override the record create time and set the "View Future Articles" to Public, I get the result I want:

Have to check this again. It was an older project and I can´t recall the details. There was a reason for my "complicated solution" ;-) Something was different in ME Resources… or i was "stuck in a rut" :D (just googled that term, is it correct?)

pepperstreet VIP
18 Nov 2013 21:17

Another user also posted this issue! IMHO, this is a bug. The section setting "show future articles" should work for all views. It does for list-view, but it seems to throw a message on full-view.

Related topic and same issue.

18 Nov 2013 22:32

Thanks for your help pepperstreet.

Do you know if this bug is being looked at?

Also, any idea about question 2 in my original post above?

Cheers

pepperstreet VIP
18 Nov 2013 23:07

It does not show up on my test site. Funnily, i can´t even find the responsible parameter!? Expected to find it in section parameters, near "prolong". Or at least in my type. ._. :S I just see the additional "Emerald" based tab and setting. Strange.

pepperstreet VIP
18 Nov 2013 23:34

I did not make use of moderator options. Seems to be tide to the type parameter "who can moderate". See this topic for some related answers and screenshots.

I think, it needs a simple setting like "who can prolong", but with Joomla ACL select box. Moderation seems to be versatile, but also complicated. Maybe both "modes" with a toggle would make sense?!

19 Nov 2013 00:00

I did not make use of moderator options. Seems to be tide to the type parameter "who can moderate".

I seem to be missing the Moderator Manager. Where exactly is it and how do I add new moderators?

Thanks

19 Nov 2013 00:19

Ok, so I found the Moderator menu item and published a Moderator page.

But even though I have unselected the "Make Articles Featured" option for my test user, "Make Featured for 30 Days" still appears in the drop down menu for their record.

Even if this was the way to remove the "Featured" option, would I have to go through and repeat this step for every single user?

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
20 Nov 2013 00:25

I tested and could not reproduce. Registered users only see this option if in type parameters you selected plans for Make featured Emerald integration parameter.