01 Nov 2013 08:42

Hello guys, I need to create a community divided into 3 distinct sections:

• The people you sign up for online courses to learn various kinds such as WEBDESIGN
  • SELL your own themes on the portal (for registered users with regular licensa), monitoring the store and access their work done (similar to ThemeForest)
  • Dealing with the community through a social network

I use Joomla for this project 3 (platform), EasySocial (social networks), EasyBlog (News and Blog), Komento (For the management of the comments on the entire site), EasyDiscuss (for the forum) and Cobalt 8 (for sale of the issues and the management of the e-learning). I'm on the right track?

Last Modified: 02 Mar 2014

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
04 Nov 2013 23:46

I do not doubt that Cobalt is the right decision. In fact it can also handle blogs, news and forum. It can easily manage online training programs. FOr that e even have special fields like drip content. We even have Russian company that produc online training platform base on Joomla, Cobalt and Emerald. It is preconfigured Joomla package with some demo content and everything is setup according to Russian style online trainings. So we made a lot tiny adjustments for Cobalt to fit online training idea.

For example you may open access to next tutorial automatically only on status changed to Approved to users homework of previous lesson. And things like this.

The only thing I am not sure about is a Easy Social. I am not sure integration will be ready right away. I would use Joom Social as there is already integration which you can start using.

clowride VIP
Total posts: 1,022
05 Nov 2013 01:51

The only thing I am not sure about is a Easy Social. I am not sure integration will be ready right away. I would use Joom Social as there is already integration which you can start using.

Sergey Mark Lee form Easysocial is going to contact you ;)

Sergey
05 Nov 2013 05:32

He did.

05 Nov 2013 06:06

But then you can also have a theme manager similar to how it happens with ThemeForest ? That is, the authors can upload their works and subsequently monitor , even publicly , sales (eg how many products have been sold , which users have purchased the theme, the judgment on the issue with the stars , etc.). ? And ' possible to ensure that all sales of the single theme such as are set paypal account of the seller, to be managed in a way he gains and invoices ? And the last two things Sergey :

1 ) Emerald handles billing , generates an invoice in PDF ?

2 ) Cobalt is able to quickly manage such records and millions of miles of connected users at the same time (because this project we want to rely on long-range and hopefully will spread at international level) ? Of course the site will be hosted on dedicated servers and not shared . I am only interested to know about the performance. It will also be possible to create the site in Joomla 3.1 ( and future 3.5 ) and then easily upgrade to Cobalt 9 when it becomes available ? Sorry so many questions, but for me it is essential to be able to go! I have for now only license Cobalt

Sergey
05 Nov 2013 23:23

hat is, the authors can upload their works and subsequently monitor , even publicly , sales (eg how many products have been sold , which users have purchased the theme, the judgment on the issue with the stars , etc.). ? And ' possible to ensure that all sales of the single theme such as are set paypal account of the seller, to be managed in a way he gains and invoices ?

Yes all of those functionalities are possible. But note it will work differently. Because Cobalt is different from what Themeforest is using, it has different approach. So it have the same features and even more but how it is implemented may be different.

And invoices. Right now there is no invoices in Cobalt. People may use PayPal directly to create invoices.

hat is, the authors can upload their works and subsequently monitor , even publicly , sales (eg how many products have been sold , which users have purchased the theme, the judgment on the issue with the stars , etc.). ? And ' possible to ensure that all sales of the single theme such as are set paypal account of the seller, to be managed in a way he gains and invoices ?

No invoices yet. But this is next feature we are going to add. So it will be there soon.

Cobalt is able to quickly manage such records and millions of miles of connected users at the same time (because this project we want to rely on long-range and hopefully will spread at international level) ?

I am not sure about million of users in a same moment. That will require quite a server power. But what I can say for sure that amount other CCKs Cobalt is quickes. And even if you met slowness problem on some stage, you may be sure that if you choose other CCK your performance problems would be much worse. So far we have clients with 300k articles and it works ok so far. We also make improvements if we meet those problems.

Cobalt is able to quickly manage such records and millions of miles of connected users at the same time (because this project we want to rely on long-range and hopefully will spread at international level) ?

It will also be possible to create the site in Joomla 3.1 ( and future 3.5 ) and then easily upgrade to Cobalt 9 when it becomes available ?

Next Cobalt version will be 3.2 compatible. And 3.5 compatibility is only matter of closets Thursday after 3.5 stable is released. Update to Cobalt 9 will be very smooth. In fact we are planning to develop update mechanism that will smoothly update from any version.

Right now there is a gap between Mighty Resources and Cobalt. Because those are so different we still cannot solve this problem. We do not what this happen again anymore. We will create update algorithm inside CObalt that update from Cobalt 7 to 8, 9 or even 10 will be very smooth.

It will also be possible to create the site in Joomla 3.1 ( and future 3.5 ) and then easily upgrade to Cobalt 9 when it becomes available ?

Sorry so many questions, but for me it is essential to be able to go!

You are welcome to ask any question. Please do not hesitate.

06 Nov 2013 05:19

Very Good Sergey.

From what I understand , however, the forum does not handle such as cobalt badge. For me they are important because they allow me to provide discounts and / or incentives for more active users , according to eg LIKE RECEIVED ANSWERS , ETC.

So my platform will start with - COBALT / EMERALD (which now will buy ) - EasyBlog ( I need because some users will be able to create your own blog and integrates well with EASYSOCIAL ) - EASYDISCUSS - EASYSOCIAL ( I read that it should not be too difficult custom integration ) . If it is complicated , paying for the service , you could not create an integration with it and then make it free for the whole community ?

Prefer EASYSOCIAL because it is much more expandable than Jomsocial and Stackideas is fantastic as support!

I'll start with Cobalt and I will keep you updated on the development process . In exceptional cases , you can provide assistance on estimate of small additions if I can not achieve them alone?

Sergey
06 Nov 2013 06:07

I cannot promise you that I will add everything you need. But please post all your wishes on this forum and I am sure most of them will be implemented.