21 Oct 2013 02:17

Hi,

Sorry for the long list of questions, I'll try and keep it simple:)

I am using a Location & Address field in one of my forms here (user: test. p/w: test) under the tab "Event Details". But:

1. The address fields are in the wrong order. It should read: 1. Venue Name (Company Name Field), 2. Venue Address (Address 1 Field), 3. Suburb (City Field).

2. Is it possible not to display the "Address" and "Map" labels?

3. Is it possible to remove the 3 buttons above the map?

4. When the entry is saved, the map marker does not display in the full article.

5. Is it possible to automatically unpublish the entry based on the date and time set in the date/time field? For example, when an entry has reached it's expiry date, it is automatically unpublished from the site?

6. Is it possible to remove the "Make Featured for 30 Days" option from the edit entry pop-up?

7. Is it possible to completely remove the gray menu with the search function (above the alpha menu)?

8. Is it possible to remove all the homepage display items? e.g "My Records", Avatar, Username, "Add your welcome text here". When users click on "My Events", I just want to display their entries without all this other information.

I'd better stop there:)

Any help with these questions would be really appreciated.

Thanks very much!

Ian

Last Modified: 02 Mar 2014

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
21 Oct 2013 08:19
  1. The address fields are in the wrong order. It should read: 1. Venue Name (Company Name Field), 2. Venue Address (Address 1 Field), 3. Suburb (City Field).

You can only change it making custom field input template.

Same

Same

4. When the entry is saved, the map marker does not display in the full article.

Does it display in the form?

5. Is it possible to automatically unpublish the entry based on the date and time set in the date/time field? For example, when an entry has reached it's expiry date, it is automatically unpublished from the site?

yes. You can set time for article to automatically expire in type parameters.

6. Is it possible to remove the "Make Featured for 30 Days" option from the edit entry pop-up?

You se it as super admin. Other users will not see this option.

7. Is it possible to completely remove the gray menu with the search function (above the alpha menu)?

Yes. You can do it in markup template parameters in section parameters.

8. Is it possible to remove all the homepage display items? e.g "My Records", Avatar, Username, "Add your welcome text here". When users click on "My Events", I just want to display their entries without all this other information.

Play with template parameters.

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
21 Oct 2013 10:57

Off-Topic:

Hello Ian, just noticed "Toowoomba" in your demo. Are you located there? My oldest son has been there on a short school exchange. BTW, our host family's father is the head of "Concordia Lutheran College".

wolverine VIP
Total posts: 102
22 Oct 2013 06:57

Hi!

I wonder what module so you use to get Events Coming Up to the right side ??

wolverine VIP
Total posts: 102
22 Oct 2013 13:40

thx but do yuo have enny page dump to show me about this ???

22 Oct 2013 20:18

Hi,

Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions.

1. > You can only change it making custom field input template.

I am very surprised that the default order for the Address fields in the submission form is upside down. Surely this is confusing for the end user? How many online address forms start with Country...and end with Contact Person? As seen in the attached picture, the order is right in the admin area, but completely upside down in the submission form.

So surely we shouldn't have to create a custom form for such a basic function?

Having said that, I tried creating a custom form, but need some more help. See the tab under "Event Details" here for the result (test/test).

This is the custom code I have put into the additional.php file and I'm sure there's more to it than this (the $contacts = array is obviously wrong, what do I need to put instead?

<?php

$contacts = array(

'company'  => array(

'label' => JText::_('G_CONPANY')

),

'address1' => array(

'label' => JText::_('G_ADDRESS1')

),

'city' => array(

'label' => JText::_('G_CITY')

),

'zip' => array(

'label' => JText::_('G_ZIP')

),

);

But as you can see from the result, the fields are below the map, have broken icons, and when you insert an address, it makes no change to the map. How do I include the map into the custom form?

Yes, the markers display in the submission form but not in the full article.

What do I set "Auto expire in days" to? I put NOW in there, but as you can see from the sidebar of my page, the event "fgh" expired yesterday, but is still published.

When I'm logged in as a registered user (test/test - which is not a super admin), I still see "Make Featured for 30 Days".

Play with template parameters.

Are you able to be more specific? Which parameters in which template?

1. A new one to add to the list:) Sorry! When you select a category using the filters module in the sidebar, it displays the entries in that category. But when you try and clear the filter by clicking the "Delete Filter" option in the little yellow box, it doesn't bring back all the other category entries.

In fact, even when you click on the "All Events" button, or "Events" in the top menu (List of Section Articles) , the filter is still being applied.

Thanks Sergey, really appreciate your help.

Ian

22 Oct 2013 20:19

Hello Ian, just noticed "Toowoomba" in your demo. Are you located there? My oldest son has been there on a short school exchange. BTW, our host family's father is the head of "Concordia Lutheran College".

Hi,

Yes, I'm based it Toowoomba. It's a small world:)

Ian

22 Oct 2013 21:00

Cobalt's "Records Module". You need to work with core dates, or you can use "Date&Time field" to override article creation date. It is also possible to override expire date. In module, set sorting order to your needs.

I am trying to override the creation time and date so that it is the same as the "Date&Time Field". What modification value do I need to put into the override settings to achieve this?

Thanks for your help,

Ian

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
23 Oct 2013 01:06
  1. I will not argue if it is right or wrong position. The geo field is one of those, where everyone expect it behave and display differently.

You need to edit template of the field.

http://docs.mintjoomla.com/en/cobalt/custom-templates-fields/

1. I cannot reproduce marker error locally. I'll need access to your site to check it.

What do I set "Auto expire in days" to? I put NOW in there, but as you can see from the sidebar of my page, the event "fgh" expired yesterday, but is still published.

You put number of days. For example 15. Than means that after 15 days of creation article will automatically expire.

When I'm logged in as a registered user (test/test - which is not a super admin), I still see "Make Featured for 30 Days".

That only means that you selected subscription plans to allow to make articles featured in type parameters.

Are you able to be more specific? Which parameters in which template?

I would go through all templates and all parameters just to see what it can offer. And during this investigation you would find what you need. I also referred to screenshot I attached. Those are markup template parameters. There are number of them. You will see it. Turn off menu and filers. That should turn off navbar.

1. are we talking about calendar view?