13 Oct 2013 14:29

I was having problem setting up my website and even just emailed support about it because it seems my calender, tags, picture uploads etc were not working properly no matter if it was a fresh install or different browsers. I thought it was a js conflict but it wasn't that. I have addons DoNotTrackMe for both firefox and chrome. it seems that was blocking connection from mintjooma thus making those scripts to not work properly.

The question is why is mintjoomla still tracking me or connected to mywebsite?

I didn't know this script depends on the connection to mintjoomla to be able to function, if I had known I wouldn't have purchase. What if one day your website run into problem or close down then all of a sudden my website become useless.

You can check the website to see if they bought the script or not to run it which is fine but to make each user that visited the website to be connected to mintjoomla is a bit too much.

Last Modified: 02 Mar 2014

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
14 Oct 2013 05:12

Would be nice if you post here URL that your site try to access to be tracked.

Because mintJoomla DOES NOT TRACK ANYONE OR ANYTHING.

You can check the website to see if they bought the script or not to run it which is fine but to make each user that visited the website to be connected to mintjoomla is a bit too much.

Link please.

Jeff VIP
Total posts: 745
14 Oct 2013 18:08

mintjoomla is not tracking you :) This is a false positive probably caused by Cobalt's (perfect legal and anonymous) session cookies. (Sergey can explain this better than I)

DNTMe used to think it was a tracker called Mint created by http://www.haveamint.com/ , but now it only redirects you to http://www.abine.com/who-are-these-tracking-companies/

I have encountered the same problem when I installed DoNotTrackMe and I white listed my Cobalt powered site in the DoNotTrackMe addon.

Actually, it is something you might want to add to your website's FAQ to inform website visitors about white listing your site.

Sergey

Would be nice if you post here URL that your site try to access to be tracked.

The only way to verify this is to install the DNTMe addon in Firefox yourself, Sergey

Best regards,

Jeff

14 Oct 2013 23:19

Thank you for the explanation. DoNotTrackMe does indicate that "Mint" was tracking me. and it absolutely needs to be in FAQ so ppl don't get a heart attack over it. Aside from that, this extension is very good once people get to know how it works.

stblink VIP
Total posts: 501
15 Oct 2013 08:13

Big brother is watching u :D

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
15 Oct 2013 09:19

If you are paranoid and privacy-fan, .... don't use the internet! ;-)

Seriously, I won't run and install anything like that, when I am working with an open source CMS and a lot of 3rd-party extensions. I can't imagine that it will ever run flawlessly or without any warnings and messages.