24 Sep 2013 11:22

Hello,

Before invest my time into learning Cobalt, I am trying to understand whether or not Cobalt has the capabilities to achieve the following application model.

Consider a typical database as presented in the following schema attached

Is possible to model this scenario with typical functionality? So that, for example,

• Link the Customers form to view all orders?

When viewing the Orders form, also view the related Order details?

When creating a new Order, add arbitrary new Order Details rows with look up from the Products table?

thank you for guidance

Last Modified: 02 Mar 2014

Sackgesicht VIP
Total posts: 1,636
25 Sep 2013 04:32

Hi,

as a (minimal) mandatory requirement for your project, you will need the commercial Relate field.

Other than this, some adjustments to the existing default form and list templates might be needed depending on your functional and aesthetical requirements.

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
25 Sep 2013 06:30

To be true your scheme does not tell much. There are a lot of questions. Who are employes? Joomla users? Articles? Who are customers? What it have to do with Cobalt? It have nothing to do with user management and user relations? What you are selling? Selling online? Do you need Cobalt as shopping cart or you already have one? And how does all this things relate to each other?

I mean your schema is complex and explanation is 3 lines of text. I can barely say anything.