23 Sep 2013 22:16

Hi I'am new to Cobalt 8 but i start to like this great product. But I'am hit with a wall because I think surprisingly Cobalt 8 has no support for multipage forms. I think there must be a way to accomplish this if anyone knows how to do it help a lot to know.

Thanks for any help

Last Modified: 02 Mar 2014

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
24 Sep 2013 02:41

Cobalt has fields groups. And groups may be grouped into tabs, sliders and if you want you can create custom form template which will group into pages.

There will be look&feel page by page form but in fact all elements will be on the page and navigation will simply hide one fields group and show other.

24 Sep 2013 09:43

Hi Sergey,

Thanks for your fast response. I already have the form grouped into tabs. But i need make this taps pages and the send button appears only in the last page. Right know the send button appears in all tabs and if you left blank a required field the warnings not showing unless you are in the tab where the field if left blank. i attached some photos

If you have a instructions how to make this possible?

Thanks for your help.

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
24 Sep 2013 11:17

FYI - related topic about Multi-Step and form wizards, which includes some interesting links.

Regarding Cobalt field groups and submit button:

This is a result of the default form template and fields loop. The rough logic is: - Cycle through all fields in that type... display them with/without group... - Show buttons below the field output area.

So, you can´t hide or show the buttons related to your Cobalt fields/groups. They simply output at the bottom (optionally at the top).

You would have to build a custom submission form, which outputs the fields separately. Then you can output the submit buttons to your liking. e.g. only after your last field.

BTW, if you have a lot of fields and want to make use of the build-in groups, you can also mix both output variants! Might save time and keeps backend configuration for field ordering.

24 Sep 2013 13:30

H,

Thanks for your help i will check the urls i think with this i can make it. Thanks Again to Sergey and Pepperstreet.

I really appreciate your help

Sergey
25 Sep 2013 03:22

@pepperstreet +1

Sergey
26 Sep 2013 01:17

TW, how to loop and access the Cobalt field groups?

Just look into form template. It is there.