23 Sep 2013 16:53

I have a lot of elements that will comprise each article. Is it possible to allow users to update articles with more than one form. For example, I'd like users to be able to update their image gallery without scrolling through lots of address fields and other content fields. Perhaps I could use one long form for the initial article, but it would be great to have multiple data sources for updating each article.

Any ideas on how to do this with Cobalt 8?

I just purchased a subscription and thus far I'm impressed....tons of features.

Last Modified: 02 Mar 2014

23 Sep 2013 19:40

OK, this would be solved by X-editable features, but is there another way? Some workaround to update parts of an article without the need to expose a long form?

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
24 Sep 2013 02:39

Right now i do not see any ideas, apart from organizing fields into groups. Then you may group those groups with tabs. it will simplify editing. I can only open address tab or gallery tab.

24 Sep 2013 06:40

Thank you! I just tested the groups and tabs...pretty cool!

Is there a way generate an "edit" link inside my content that would open directly to a specific tab?

Thanks again.

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
25 Sep 2013 03:21

Unfortunately I do not know how to edit specific tab. I mean I know how to do it with custom template and some jQuery javascript code. But that is far too much of typing :)

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
26 Sep 2013 11:16

Is there a way generate an "edit" link inside my content that would open directly to a specific tab?

Maybe NoNumber.nl Tabs is an alternative solution. Certainly, this involves cobalt custom templates as well, but it already comes with tab links etc.

Unfortunately i can't see vertical tabs layout, but that might be created through CSS modification.