16 Sep 2013 12:59

I was very happy when I came back today after several months of inactivity and the Calendar View template was finally online. I'm customizing right now and few questions have come to my mind:

1) Must the date field have a special format? I'm using the single date picker and had chosen the right field ("date", with single date picker) but not calendar events were displayed. Do I have to take something else into consideration?

2) I want to have single menu entry with the calendar template and a single Type displayed. Is that possible? There should be a single entry called "Calendar" and there I just want to have the calendar view from a Type within a certain section. Additional problem is, that the Type has only records in subcategories, not in the Section root itself.

I played around with the template and I couldn't find a way to do it.

3) (Less urgent) - Can the calendar view use different colours based on different "Select"-field entries within the Type?

Thank you in advance.

Last Modified: 02 Mar 2014

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
17 Sep 2013 01:04

1) Must the date field have a special format?

The visible format may be different but datetime field stores dates only in MySQl date formats. It means you can set any format in parameters.

2) I want to have single menu entry with the calendar template and a single Type displayed. Is that possible? There should be a single entry called "Calendar" and there I just want to have the calendar view from a Type within a certain section. Additional problem is, that the Type has only records in subcategories, not in the Section root itself.

It is possible to do. The function that create list of events to be displayed in the field called getCalendarEvents. There you can make changes.

I have to say that when calendar mode is used, categories are not counted. It is not matter where article is, it will be shown in calendar. And it is already limit by type. It will show only articles of the field selected in calendar template parameters. Other types with datetime will not be shown.

3) (Less urgent) - Can the calendar view use different colours based on different "Select"-field entries within the Type?

This is clearly visible on our demo site

http://demo.mintjoomla.com/en/calendar.html

You can download Calendar pack, install it and see how it is organized.

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
17 Sep 2013 04:57

I have to say that when calendar mode is used, categories are not counted. It is not matter where article is, it will be shown in calendar. And it is already limit by type. It will show only articles of the field selected in calendar template parameters. Other types with datetime will not be shown.

No Multi-Type support? No filtering by Categories? Too bad :S

I thought it behaves like Gmap or other list templates.

Sergey
17 Sep 2013 05:25

I thought it behaves like Gmap or other list templates.

I checked it and I am sorry. It does apply category or filters.

It only does not support multiple types. But will support multiple fields per type.

Sergey
17 Sep 2013 08:37

I want to create a seperate Menu Entry with only the Calendar View where a certain type of record is displayed.

You have a section and 2 different templates for it right?

http://www.com/index.php?option=com_cobalt& ;task=records.filter&filter_name[0]=filter_tpl&filter_val[0]=calendar&section_id=2&itemid=123

For details read this

http://docs.mintjoomla.com/en/cobalt/prefiltered-links

You have to set itemid necessarily.

17 Sep 2013 12:00

The Calendar works with the predefined link described above. But still not with "Switch view" Button. It doesn't show any Records in the Calendar View. Any idea what's wrong?

17 Sep 2013 12:08

Additional question: I still don't understand where the colour for the "Event Type" is defined... I get the combination of a Select and a Date field, but where is the colour for the "Select"-Value defined?

pepperstreet VIP
17 Sep 2013 14:02

It only does not support multiple types. But will support multiple fields per type.

Too bad. I really expected to use this Cobalt feature. Any chance to use the full power in a future release of this template?

An event-list/calendar may include different types of events. Different types may have special fields and information. I already used multi-type listings in ME Resources, although it was not 100% made for it. Since Cobalt is much smarter and advertized to support multi-type listings, i am a bit disappointed.

pepperstreet VIP
17 Sep 2013 14:12

I get the combination of a Select and a Date field, but where is the colour for the "Select"-Value defined?

The select field is actually the CLASS name for the color. The color values are defined here:

YourJoomla/components/com_cobalt/fields/datetime/assets/css/calendar.min.css

Frankly speaking, I didn't expect to find it in Date&Time field folder... maybe it should be part of the calendar/event list CSS file?! i.e. default_list_calendar.css

Sergey
18 Sep 2013 00:56

The Calendar works with the predefined link described above. But still not with "Switch view" Button. It doesn't show any Records in the Calendar View. Any idea what's wrong?

That may depend. May be there is error on ООФЧ call or something. I have to check online.

Additional question: I still don't understand where the colour for the "Event Type" is defined... I get the combination of a Select and a Date field, but where is the colour for the "Select"-Value defined?

You have to add select field with values equal to CSS classes. And select this field in datetime fiedl parameters. Possible values are

event-warning

event-info

event-inverse

event-success

event-important

Too bad. I really expected to use this Cobalt feature. Any chance to use the full power in a future release of this template?

Perhaps I can add multiple type support. I have to think how to do it right.

pepperstreet VIP
18 Sep 2013 08:23

Perhaps I can add multiple type support. I have to think how to do it right.

Nice to hear that ;-)

I see, that the current solution plus select-field for type is the most simple way... for common usage. But i expected something more "integrated". Some rough thoughts:

• a category could represent sub-calendars or could also be considered as a "calendar type".
  • user categories could be private calendars
  • multi-type support
  • type represented by a certain color (type name or id# = CSS class)
  • select field for additional status (name)
  • status field support

Nothing against a commercial/pro pack ;-)

13 Oct 2013 16:18

I think it will be easier to create your own template to list items (although I have absolutely no idea how to do it ) in order to use all features of powerful cobalt. because I really need the support of different categories (because if otherwise , then by my calculations I will need 30 sections) , and I need a special way to sort records. more about what i want, there

I would also like to be able to select multiple dates, so that they appear one and the same event , not just the range of dates .. .

Frankly, I was very happy at first, seeing the calendar , but he was disappointed with it

13 Oct 2013 16:20

how difficult it is to fix it

I have to say that when calendar mode is used, categories are not counted.

how difficult it is to fix or change it?

Sergey
14 Oct 2013 01:32

how difficult it is to fix or change it?

That is changed in latest version and should work as expected. it will apply section parameters "Records mode" and "Section home".

14 Oct 2013 04:46

what about > not just the range of dates .. or single date. ?

for example I want set 2 Oct and 4 Oct (like I set categories ) - not 2-4 Oct or 2 Oct only

14 Oct 2013 05:08

and also want any idea answer for latest reply this topic

Sergey
14 Oct 2013 05:09

Right now multiple date select not supported in calendar. You will have to create separate article for every date. Even if it is the same event. Which is senseless I know. We will try to implement this later.

14 Oct 2013 05:20

I will be waiting .. thank uoy :)

I want to clarify (hard to understand) > That is changed in latest version and should work as expected. it will apply section parameters "Records mode" and "Section home".

will I can add different events in different categories of section ?

04 Jan 2014 20:40

I now have the calendar running on my website. Some months later than planned, but that's fine. There is still one annoying problem (besides the overall work-in-progress feel of the calendar).

It's the problem of highlighting the events. On my website it isn't possible to set an extra field with the CLASS names (event-important, etc) and get the users to use it properly. I really need to choose the colors for my custom values. So I tried changing the CSS Class Names of the "calendar.min.css" to match my Select field values. But that didn't do the trick. I'd like to have simple solution just like that. (And I'm no fan of changing global language strings for that purpose).

Sergey
06 Jan 2014 00:21

I cannot understand why current way of selecting classes not working? Why you cannot use those?

The value of field ma be event-important and User may see it as simple Important. Something like status.

also would like to know where to find the language strings for translating the calendar template.

If you mean today, mext, ... then you simply add language override for that.

TODAY="Today"

If you mean calendar week days, then there should be special Javascript translation for calendar component.

11 Jan 2014 06:36

Okay, I just changed the names for the entries in the Select field according to the classes, but no change of the color of the dots in the calendar? I just don't know what went wrong. Language Override works fine.