03 Sep 2013 06:12

Hi,

I have three questions regarding use of featured on user menu.

1) Can anyone help me figuring out how can I assign access level to this featured access. For example only access level with xxx can see that option on user menu

2) How can I disable this access for the user?

3) Is this anything to do with events parameters on section configuration?

Appreciate a reply

Regards

Brian

Last Modified: 02 Mar 2014

Konstantin
Total posts: 1,113
03 Sep 2013 23:53

1) Type settings has access level parameter Who can moderate, if user in selected group, he can make featured record. Usually it has special level and regular users don't see this feature. Also registered user can make featured if he is moderator of section with privileges 'make featured'. Or if you use Emerald user can make featured if he buy some subscription.

2) You can set No one in parameter Who can moderate.

06 Sep 2013 16:00

The moderator access selection does not work. If I set no one, i still can see that featured option on registered user on front end. what ever access i set, it still shows featured option on frontend

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
08 Sep 2013 03:03

this is what I see as registered user

Create new moderator and allow him to make articles featured

Or if you want authors of the articles make their own articles featured, you can do it only with emerald integration. In type parameters select plans for this feature.

3) Is this anything to do with events parameters on section configuration?

No.

17 Sep 2013 14:20

Thanks Sergey,

But I am not getting it. From the above screenshot, i can see you can create a new moderator, but how? I guess something is missing in my installation. Where did u get that screenshot from? Is it from joomla user section? or within Cobalt? Can u pls tell me the path on how to get that moderator page?

sorry for this stupid question, but i m not finding it, hence asked.

Kind Regards

Brian

17 Sep 2013 14:40

i got it, thanks.

17 Sep 2013 15:31

can we create a moderator based on user group or access level rather than assigning to a user? Is it possible?

Thanks

Brian

Sergey
18 Sep 2013 00:45

can we create a moderator based on user group or access level rather than assigning to a user? Is it possible?

The whole point of making moderators in Cobalt is to assign rights to user without changing his user group. because it may affect other access levels in Core joomla articles or other extensions. In fact for good security you will have to create separate groups for Cobalt moderators. But why do we need that complication if we just can assign rights to user.

Sergey
19 Sep 2013 00:20

One reason i can think of: It allows to assign and set a moderator (group) in another 3rd-party extension!

The point is That the way Cobalt works now, no one is stopping you to add user to special groups and assign the same users elsewhere. But if Cobal would work based on groups, that would be impossible to give user some rights without moving hime to special group.

It means Cobalt works with both methods well. But it would not if we create group based moderators.

Flexibility is the key here.

Sergey
22 Sep 2013 02:48

I mean, you could add J! usergroups as an option. Something like a "toggle" for both methods.

We do have Who is moderator parameter for user group. Although you select accesslevel but you always can create special access level.

I mean, you could add J! usergroups as an option. Something like a "toggle" for both methods.

I mean, what happens programatically or what is stored in which DB table and field...

Cobalt stores in DB. Then current user rights acording to ID al loaded and checked against different actions.

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
22 Sep 2013 13:09

We do have Who is moderator parameter for user group. Although you select accesslevel but you always can create special access level.

Type -> Who can moderate -> ACL

But it sets the acl group, who sees the moderator feature.

For example: "Special" means Admin and Article Author can choose and set users in modal window, right? It does not restrict the user selecting. So, an author might see and select any user in that list.

A.) It would be nice to restrict the user list (just show users that belong to certain ACL groups). I think you did something similar in "Register field". There is a multi-select field.

I think "who can moderate" needs this as an additional parameter.

B.) With "toggle" I meant an additional mode for the whole moderator feature. A mode that does not allow to select users at all. Type parameter sets ACL... that is allowed to moderate. For example: Forum or Directory, where a certain "usergroup" will help the site owner. (i mean, user belongs to a user-group -> that belongs to an ACL -> that ACL can moderate automatically.

Cobalt stores in DB. Then current user rights acording to ID al loaded and checked against different actions.

Can you give a code snippet/related SQL queries?

Sergey
23 Sep 2013 00:35

Can you give a code snippet/related SQL queries?

What is for? Hard to give example if I do not understand what you need. tell me what you want as a result.

Sergey
24 Sep 2013 02:35

I see. I think there is need for Cobalt API like

CobaltApi::setModer($user_id, $section_id, $rules, ...)

Right?

Sergey
24 Sep 2013 02:36

Do you have real case or you just have an idea? By the way, I would very happy to see your works with Cobalt.

pepperstreet VIP
18 Nov 2013 23:25

Type -> Who can moderate -> ACL

But it sets the acl group, who sees the moderator feature.

For example: "Special" means Admin and Article Author can choose and set users in modal window, right? It does not restrict the user selecting. So, an author might see and select any user in that list.

A.) It would be nice to restrict the user list (just show users that belong to certain ACL groups). I think you did something similar in "Register field". There is a multi-select field.

I think "who can moderate" needs this as an additional parameter.

Sergey
19 Nov 2013 23:20

Regarding works: Me, too! ;-) :D

:D:D

Another project has not started: A small inventory management system for professional equipment. Directory style. Not sure when it starts.

Another project has not started: A small inventory management system for professional equipment. Directory style. Not sure when it starts.

Another Directory/Product Catalog is planned this year. Multi-Language DE/EN.

I hope Cobalt is going to be used for that :)

pepperstreet VIP
26 Nov 2013 15:52

Another Directory/Product Catalog is planned this year. Multi-Language DE/EN.

I think this one requires a polished working Category module, including single Records/Items ;-)

I might consider the comprehensive "NextEnd Accordion", but it adds to much extra stuff in my opinion. Although, it looks pretty cool.