31 Aug 2013 10:20

Hi,

How do you translate the toolbar that appears above the records list in falang?

They say a picture is worth a thousand words, so here is where I mean:

Thanks very much.

D.

Last Modified: 02 Mar 2014

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
01 Sep 2013 04:00

basically you have to translate it with language overrides if you have multilingual website and simple edit it in markup template parameters if you just what another language.

Anyway this reading will be very usefull.

http://docs.mintjoomla.com/en/cobalt/translation-and-multilinguage/

01 Sep 2013 07:09

Thankyou.

I'm having trouble finding some of the constants.

The 'Rating' text for the top of the list I found easy (CRATING), but things like "Post type here", and "Sort by" I'm unable to find.

To find the constants, I'm searching under the default language, is there a better way?

Thanks.

D.

01 Sep 2013 11:31

I'm wondering if KM FasTrans might provide a solution?

Sadly, the 'free' version doesn't work with Joomla 3.0 (only the paid!)

:S

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
01 Sep 2013 16:28

As Sergey mentioned earlier:

If you have a real multilanguage site, you should use language overrides and CONSTANTS.

If you just need a single translation you can change the labels in section -> templates -> markup template -> titles / section menu

"Post type here", and "Sort by" I'm unable to find.

Just checked it with Cobalt 8.326 and markup template v8.62

Regarding "Post %s here" and "Sort by"...

they are simply not included in the original language file!

(I did not check in detail, but i guess there are more of them missing)

Solution(s):

A.) You might add your own CONSTANTS like "CPOSTHERE" for all your language overrides. Respectively for any other label you need.

B.) Wait for Mintjoomla to add all missing CONSTANTS, so naming conventions are the same for future updates

@MintJoomla / Sergey

Although the quick edit for one language in template parameters is easy, i would suggest to check and add all CONSTANTS in main language files. Than add those CONSTANTS as defaults in template parameters. At least add all terms in english language, so users can find and override them easily.

01 Sep 2013 17:58

Thanks pepperstreet.

I would of course prefer to wait until all Constants are part of the system, and I'm really not keen to edit markup as my site is truly multilingual, but I suppose it really depends how long it will take.

I appreciate your time and your thoughts, thanks.

D.

Sergey
02 Sep 2013 07:25

Edit section and then markup template para,eters

And then change labels of section menu to what you want

03 Sep 2013 02:55

Thanks all.

As I'm a beginner, I'm not quite sure where to go. ;-)

I'm translating for 5 languages at the moment (I'm ignoring RTL languages though!).

As pepperstreet says, the alternatives do seem the 'same amount of work' to implement ... but considering this further, is there a solution that would be less re-work later when there's a Cobalt update? (I'm wary that 9 is 'around the corner').

Thanks again.

D.

Sergey
03 Sep 2013 05:35

is there a solution that would be less re-work later when there's a Cobalt update?

We update every week on Thursday.

The way we suggest is the one you do not need to do any rework after update. If you change and save template settings, those will be safe on CObalt update. And language overrides file is a Joomla one not Cobalt's and also will be safe.

In one word, after you translate you do not need to redo it again after next Cobalt update.

03 Sep 2013 06:38

Thanks Sergey.

D.:)