26 Aug 2013 12:20

I personally like the way Cobalt filters very much, it is smart and works well. Unfortunately my users/boss have decided they do not like the filter system.

The biggest complaint is that the filters are cached. I use a lot of pre-filtered links. [Take this page for example.

]( http://cns.utexas.edu/directory/everyone?option=com_cobalt& ;task=records.filter&ion_id=1&item_id=289&filter_name[0]=filter_cat&filter_val[0]=11&filter_name[1]=filter_k68066ab13794c412a4f4964d72492ee9&filter_val[1]=Faculty)

From the example page if you click back to 'Everyone' the filters are still in place. Is there a way to not cache/save any of the filters from page to page?

I know with pre-filtered links I could do a filter reset, but the 'Everyone' link is a Cobalt menu item, I can't add a filter reset to that.

Advice? Thank you.

Last Modified: 02 Mar 2014

Sackgesicht VIP
Total posts: 1,636
26 Aug 2013 18:21

Adam,

please see documentation here about "How to reset filters through link".

I have not tried it yet, but it should address your problem.

Btw, nice and clean implementation of a directory ... :D

Sackgesicht VIP
26 Aug 2013 23:38

I just tried using a Joomla menu link (System Links--> External URL) with something like this (i presume 289 is your itemid and the section_id = 1):

index.php?option=com_cobalt&task=records.cleanall&itemid=289&section_id=1

It cleans all filters ... :D

27 Aug 2013 13:28

Thank you for you suggestions, I will work with this solution. Is there anything I can do to stop the 'All filters have been cleared message'? I don't want to remove all system messages, just this one. Not a big deal, was just wondering if I could add a value to suppress the message.

Thanks

27 Aug 2013 15:28

I am still wondering about my original question, is there a way to keep filters from being cached?

Sackgesicht VIP
27 Aug 2013 18:23

Is there anything I can do to stop the 'All filters have been cleared message'?

Unzip and Copy the attached file to the /components/com_cobalt/controllers folder and change in your URL the &task=records.cleanall to &task=clean.all

28 Aug 2013 08:36

Thank you for this, however when I follow your instruction I get a blank white screen with a field key output. I assume this is line 42 in your code.Here is the url, did I miss something?

Sackgesicht VIP
29 Aug 2013 03:23

Sorry, i uploaded the wrong file version ...

Please try attached ...

03 Sep 2013 10:07

Took a small vacation and just now got to test this out. It works perfectly! Thanks very much. :)

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
03 Sep 2013 15:23

I remember, there was something like an automatic feature/option in ME Resources. Can't recall it 100%, but there were two different behaviors. Not sure how multi-type section had an impact on this, but filters were memorized per category, AND it was possible to remove filters, if you changed the category. (Please, correct me if I am wrong ... I don´t have an installtion in front of me)