22 Aug 2013 12:03

Hello,

I just purchased a subscription and I have a question. I need to show plots on a google map based on list results returned based on the search filters I provide. Is this possible? Please see the attached image.

Thanks in advance,

Matt

Last Modified: 02 Mar 2014

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
22 Aug 2013 18:29

Off-topic: Hello Matt, i would suggest to use one of the social logins to get a user account and user name. Otherwise it is really hard to track and follow your own topics and questions. I assume you are going to post a lot more ;-)

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
22 Aug 2013 18:38

In general YES. Cobalt is completely template based. If you need a special custom appearance, you will have to study the supplied templates and the documentation. The default appearance does not match your screenshot/layout.

The first knowledge area is still here:

http://www.mintjoomla.com/community/knowledge.html

The new documentation is found on this sub-domain:

http://docs.mintjoomla.com

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
23 Aug 2013 00:32

Defenetely.

Although you will need to adjust your google map template, for it to look like you want (with searchbox positioned at bottom right corner of the map)

Here is the example how others implement this. Although it is on Russian it is still good demonstration.

23 Aug 2013 04:09

How did you do this?

23 Aug 2013 04:11

I have a list off articles on the home page and I want them to be plotted based on the array list of let's say, city, state and zip. 10 articles per page based on filters/search.

23 Aug 2013 04:14

Basically, how do I integrate the map with the articles list when the menu item is selected to use for a list. Is there a module to put the map in or something?

23 Aug 2013 05:15

I figured out the first part. Loading the map just above the listings. Now, I need to figure out how to plot points on the map based on the city,state,zip and country.

Any info on this would be very much appreciated.

25 Aug 2013 10:38

I finally signed up for a forum account.

Questions:

1. Home page loads, asks the person if they can allow GEO detection, if visitor says yes, show them their location on the map on home page. How do I do this?

2. Submit form on home page, grab input from form submission. Returns multiples records, then plots them with markers on the map. How do I do this?

Thanks in advance.

Matt

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
26 Aug 2013 01:27

There is address and map (geo) Cobalt field. This field have a special UI to set map location on article creation. manually or based on address. Set marker and so on.

This field also have map articles list template. You can set it for section and configure template by pointing your geo field as a source of data. It will automatically list all the articles like markers on thу map.

26 Aug 2013 05:50

I still don't understand how to do this. I followed your instructions but it's not working.

I really need to come up with a solution quick because this is a project for work. Here's what I need.

1. Home Page Loads, detects users GEO automatically and prompts them if it's okay. Then, it will show

a list of companies (list) beneath the map that are within a 100 mile radius and plot them on the map.

How do I use my custom "City", "State", "Country" fields to be used as a source for the map?

26 Aug 2013 06:04

Here's a picture of the home page. I need to have my location set automatically and the list below the map needs to contain listings within 100 mile radius of my location. All of which are plotted on the map.

26 Aug 2013 06:21

Also, if you look at the image I posted above, you'll see a field called "State" and it holds the abbreviation of states in the USA. In the attached image here, I try to filter by state by click in the "Filter by State containing NY" and it returns what is shown in the image below.

The next thing I have to do is subscribe to Emerald. I'm hoping it isn't as complicated.

Sackgesicht VIP
Total posts: 1,636
26 Aug 2013 20:06
  1. Home Page Loads, detects users GEO automatically and prompts them if it's okay. Then, it will show

a list of companies (list) beneath the map that are within a 100 mile radius and plot them on the map.

To accomplish this, you might need a customized MAP LIST template.

The behavior of the default MAP list template is, to open the map based on the initial longitude/latitude parameters.

Then the user would have to open the filter, click on "MARKER AT MY CURRENT LOCATION" and apply the filter. (In the Geo Field parameters you would have predefined the 100mls = 161km already)

To accomplish what you want, you need modify the map template to open the current location of your user and not with the initial coordinates from the map list template.

See this tutorial.

Then use a prefiltered link to display your results on the map.

See instructions here

Maybe of help would be this article as well.

Sackgesicht VIP
26 Aug 2013 22:35

Matt,

to get the users location see also the code example here

@sergey

This code would be a good feature to be included in the map list template.

Initial location either based on default value, or (if selected) the user location. -> check the JSFiddle

Sackgesicht VIP
26 Aug 2013 22:41

Matt,

just wondering ... when looking at your screen shot, i can't see any marker. Are you sure, that you encoded them properly with the geo field? Can you see any marker?

27 Aug 2013 08:05

No, I don't even know how to put markers up because the list items aren't conforim to the map yet.

I am going to try out your suggestions.

How do I drop markers manually?

27 Aug 2013 08:07

I am glad I was of some help allowing you to decide that this is a necessary feature.

How do I get the Google Map scripts in my header without hard coding them?

Sackgesicht VIP
27 Aug 2013 08:20

Matt,

add a GEO field to your list of fields.

Check your settings, especially the Google Map input section.

When you edit/create an article, you should see something similar to this (depending on your other field parameter settings):

Set your marker with the mouse or get it from the address field ....

Save the article and you should see the marker on your map list template ...

27 Aug 2013 08:35

The thing is, I imported the list via the CSV function in Cobalt. So, the fields aren't the same as when you submit the article. That seems to be the problem I think.

27 Aug 2013 08:44

My Google Map "Address, Company, etc." fields aren't the sane as the ones I have when I imported it.