29 Jul 2013 14:30

I think this is a bug, my apologies if this is somehow a setting on my end. I believe this problem started after updating the mod_filter to the latest version.

Filters are no longer being removed when the 'X' is clicked. If you try to remove the filter it just refreshed the page with the same filter applied. After a minute or 2 the filter is able to be removed. Is it possible filters are being cached somehow? This behavior seems very odd.

I've been using the same setup for the past 2 weeks and the problem has just started today. The only update I recently made was to the mod_filter module.

After noticing the issue I updated Cobalt to the latest version to see if that would fix it. No luck so far.

Current versions:

Cobalt Version 8.270

Cobalt - Module - Filters 8.38

Last Modified: 02 Mar 2014

29 Jul 2013 14:33

This should be a comment just to mint joomla staff. Here is a link to my directory so you can see the issue in action.

http://wdev2.cns.utexas.edu/directory/everyone

To duplicate the issues, use the Advanced Search. Go to 'Chemistry' department and Search. Then try to remove the filter. You will see it does not get removed.

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
30 Jul 2013 03:44

try to switch off global cache parameter. Or if you have RT template, turn off cache in template parameters.

31 Jul 2013 15:27

Switching off the global cache seems to have fixed it. It is unfortunate though, I was hoping to use the global cache once the site had launched.

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
01 Aug 2013 02:07

Try to turn it on but explicitly turn off cache parameter in module.