18 Jul 2013 08:24

to dend notifications for new created records

to only 1 administrator

do I have to:

create a custom user group ad asign it to that administrator

go in "events" tab in my section parameters

set "yes" to e-mail notifications

select my custom created user group from "new content" > notifications select menu

?

or is there a quicker way?

i tried by assigning moderators from frontend, but I don't see any parameter there for email notifications

Last Modified: 02 Mar 2014

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
18 Jul 2013 09:24

Email may be configured only by users. Everyone set how often one will get emails and no one can change somebody's options.

So you mean email alert or notifications?

19 Jul 2013 02:55

well,

I want that every time that a new record is being published by anone

then 1 special user (administrator) will receive a notification (but not all the site administrators, just 1 I choose)

20 Jul 2013 02:43

below is how I set email events/notification

I still don't understand if this is the right way or if there is a quicker way to send notifications

to only 1 admiistrator for every new record published on the site

Sergey
22 Jul 2013 01:03

Note that admin have to configure how often he wants to receive email. And also subscribe to new articles (checkbox).

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
22 Jul 2013 07:49

I think this deserves an article in Knowledgebase area. Because its more complex and difficult than it was in ME Resources.

BTW, I also thought that the "Global Admin" gets all notifications by default. Maybe this SuperUser can have a simpler option to toggle notifications ON/OFF ?

Sergey
24 Jul 2013 09:06

BTW, I also thought that the "Global Admin" gets all notifications by default. Maybe this SuperUser can have a simpler option to toggle notifications ON/OFF ?

Even if su gets all notifications by default, he will have to have ability to turn it off. Then why simply not turn it on as all users? This works the same but for us it is a lot of extra logic in CObalt to behave differently for su.

I think this deserves an article in Knowledgebase area

Agree.