10 Jul 2013 12:20

I have a records module displaying a random image from a records category each time the page is being visited,

now... my client what these images to be always linked to the category instead that to the record full view (which is what happens by default)

because those images are retrieved from an image field used also in records list, i cannot work on the field to customize it (infact it's ok that in the records list the images are linked to their record full view)

I understand that I have to work on the records module template...

is there any way I can manually override the link of the images and set by default for them a link to the records category?

Last Modified: 02 Mar 2014

stblink VIP
Total posts: 501
10 Jul 2013 12:48

This article helps building links to categories:

http://www.mintjoomla.com/community/knowledge/user-item/43-sergey/245-create-joomla-menu-links-to-categories-or-itemid-understood.html

You have to edit the records template but further changes will have to wait for someone from Mintjoomla to reply

10 Jul 2013 14:57

@stblink

thanks... the problem here is that the field image automatically generate a link to the record, and I am not able to change this, so let's wait if Sergey has some suggestions

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
12 Jul 2013 05:37

I think you can always parse output HTML and use str_replace or preg_replace. Or you can create JS code tat will change links.

12 Jul 2013 05:40

I think you can always parse output HTML and use str_replace or preg_replace. Or you can create JS code tat will change links. I think you can always parse output HTML and use str_replace or preg_replace. Or you can create JS code tat will change links.

that's too complicated for me :O.... anyway for now I found a solution by using smartslider

thank you Sergey