06 Jun 2013 15:58

Hi,

Does anybody know how can you implement default image in gallery field?

Last Modified: 02 Mar 2014

Sackgesicht VIP
Total posts: 1,636
06 Jun 2013 23:38

That would be a useful feature for Cobalt upload fields in general.

Defining a "default" file.

My workaround might be helpful to you in the meantime.

When uploading a file i use the description field of the uploader to store some information there. Example just Type "1" (or whatever you want) into it and save it.

You can then get it in a customized output template and do something with it (change the sort order, display it in a special way (badge, ribbon) or whatever comes to your mind).

example : $this->value[$index]['description']

I used it to mark uploaded files (uploads field) and show them in red ...

As you can see, even if you can mark (default) a picture or uploaded file, it always comes to the output template to process this information and do with it what you want to happen.

18 Aug 2013 08:33

Hi,

But how will you get the picture as default in a gallery with the above approach. The problem again is when you show them in the list template on the frontend.

Brian

09 Feb 2014 09:58

Hi,

I need this functionality. Currently the template does not look good with out a photo on one record versus record with pictures. This functionality should be definitely a must.

it wont take much time for Sergey to implement this, but on the other hands it is a big task for person like me.

Mel VIP
Total posts: 126
09 Feb 2014 15:37

I agree, this is a much needed feature.

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
10 Feb 2014 00:21

This is planned for CObalt 9 when we update upload component from mooupload to jQuery upload.