30 May 2013 05:44

the option would be useful,

maybe this can also be obtained customizing the output template

with something like this

http://css-tricks.com/snippets/javascript/strip-html-tags-in-javascript/

var StrippedString = OriginalString.replace(/(<([^>]+)>)/ig,"");

but I am afraid that doing so will affect also all other fields in records list view... (or if not it will still load the javascript as many times as your displaied records)

Last Modified: 02 Mar 2014

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
30 May 2013 09:18

Ok. I can strip tags in PHP.

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
30 May 2013 15:37

Just curious...

1.) How to differentiate which tags are stripped?

2.) Should it work like the J! core filter system? Can this be utilized?

3.) And why use HTML field, if there is a TextArea field for simple and secure text input?

31 May 2013 07:00

And why use HTML field, if there is a TextArea field for simple and secure text input? And why use HTML field, if there is a TextArea field for simple and secure text input?

I want rich editing features for the full view contents, but I don't want bold texts, empty paragraphs and so on in the list view

pepperstreet VIP
31 May 2013 07:13

2.) Should it work like the J! core filter system? Can this be utilized?

Just an idea. Can you process a Cobalt HTML field through J! filter system?

Or is it possible to add 1 line of the previous matrix into the HTML field options.

pepperstreet VIP
31 May 2013 07:17

but I don't want bold texts, empty paragraphs and so on in the list view

What about JCE editor. It allows to have multiple Profiles and it cleans-up code. You can assign a certain JCE Profile and toolbar to a Joomla usergroup! So, if your authors belong to a certain group... it should work .

31 May 2013 07:44

What about JCE editor. It allows to have multiple Profiles and it cleans-up code. You can assign a certain JCE Profile and toolbar to a Joomla usergroup! So, if your authors belong to a certain group... it should work . What about JCE editor. It allows to have multiple Profiles and it cleans-up code. You can assign a certain JCE Profile and toolbar to a Joomla usergroup! So, if your authors belong to a certain group... it should work .

I already use JCE profiles, but what I want is the user be able to edit the text style in full view

but I also want the html tags to be stripped out in the records list view (eg bold text or empty paragraphs)