15 May 2013 06:06

Well... this is not an idea, just a quick solution I found to generate and manage all the translations for my field values using joomla language overrides

(for more info on this particular translation method please read here

http://www.mintjoomla.com/community/knowledge/user-item/43-sergey/238-cobalt-multi-language-sites.html )

now... it is time consuming to create language overrides using joomla overrides tool, less time consuming is to manually edit the language override file, but even quicker is to use an excel file to generate and manage all your fields values translations

I attach below the excel I created to do this, obviously you must have basic excel knowledge to correctly use and understand it.

I hope it may come in handy to someone struggling with a cobalt multilanguage site like I am :)

Last Modified: 02 Mar 2014

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
15 May 2013 07:26

I could no find how you then export only language you need? You save it as INI file? I would like to hear whole process story :)

Sergey
Total posts: 13,748
15 May 2013 07:26

And even submit it to Community Knowledge

15 May 2013 07:36

I could no find how you then export only language you need? You save it as INI file?

no, I just copy/paste it to the results to the language override file

the advantage of using excel is that it can built the strings like

COBALT_F1_V1="ENG Abbigliamento"

automatically if you set it properly

with that file you just have to manage/translate the field values

and excel will build the strings automatically for all the languages

then you copy/paste them in the relative override language files

this is quicker than edit the override language files manually, and you don't risk to forget any "

here and there

15 May 2013 07:46

thanks, happy to be helpful :)

pepperstreet VIP
Total posts: 3,837
17 Feb 2014 09:49

Following...

(totally missed this topic)